VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

LEGACY NOD QUESTION

Rate this question

Galen Rogers

Question

Good Morning. I just filed my NOD about a week ago. Mailed it to the intake center and received notification and signed receipt by the intake center for it. My question is roughly how long does it take to show up on the website as received and in process?

1 hour ago, Galen Rogers said:

Maybe my question was fuzzy. How long should it take for the VA to scan and upload my appeal documents in the the VA.Gov website and show that they have at least received my appeals? 

I should only take a couple of minutes per page. But what you probably want to know is when will they get around to doing it. I don't think any of us know.

1 minute ago, kanewnut said:

Does that statement not say that RAMP was a partial implementation of AMA?

it absolutely does, however the AMA process has superseded any RAMP process and some of the decisions on process for RAMP as a preview of AMA have changed.

RAMP was always an interim process. A beta test in geek speak. The VA basically pushed out what they thought might work before they actually put the legal process requirements of AMA in place. They were extremely upfront about the fact the laws requirements were not being completely met by RAMP, and that they had not built out the systems and processes to fulling implement the law. The VA Secretary testified before the Senate that they could not meet the target implementation dates and officially asked for a waiver on hitting those dates.

It is like the rollout of the "new" version of Choice they put out. Choice now says that vets can use certain civilian urgent care centers, yet as recently as yesterday the full list of UCC's was not in place across many states and political divisions. The VA does not have contracts fully in place for private providers, particularly in rural areas, that Vets can use instead of driving more than 30 minutes (or more) to a VA medical center.

Few Private Doctors have had the paperwork training needed and access to the VA medical systems implemented, but according to the new Choice announcement Vets can start using that system now.

Just like RAMP ended and AMA began this new Choice 2.0 will morph into Choice 2.5 or 3.0 at some near point in time and cause significant confusion when that next change happens. I am going to predict now that in a year or less vets and vets groups are going to be setting their hair on fire over the implementation of Choice and the ultimate financial impact on VAMC funding.

For better or worse some veterans are still in legacy and Ramp. Theoretically those vets are going to be given a chance to get out of the older systems when they get their next SOC or SSOC. We will have to wait and see if that happens and how many vets take advantage of that option.

1 hour ago, kanewnut said:

I should only take a couple of minutes per page. But what you probably want to know is when will they get around to doing it. I don't think any of us know.

No I did mean when should I see that I have a claim submitted in the website. I know it will take some time for them to even start reviewing it. 

Does it go from the national intake center to the Regional RO here in Virginia before it is actually scanned to the website?

15 minutes ago, Galen Rogers said:

Does it go from the national intake center to the Regional RO here in Virginia before it is actually scanned to the website?

Do you know about ASKNOD.ORG? See this post on his site - EASTER TRICK OR TREAT AT THE VA. This explains it. Enjoy!