VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Kenneth Livingston

Rate this question

Kenneth Livingston

Question

I am preparing to deliver a fully developed claim having submitted an intent to file declaration about 9 months ago.  One element of this application was a request to 

reopen a case which had been denied about 30 years ago.  Intended to submit new material and relevant evidence and request an effective date to the original claim.  My understanding 

is that with the new changes in the system FEB 19, 2019, I would be required to file a "supplemental claim" and forego the original application date 30 years prior.  (https://bit.ly/2KkGgXu)

I have no record of the denial.  The VA Regional center had no record of the denial or even the application.  DAV had no record.  VA hospital locally had no record with my initial records request 2018.

But a few months back I pressed the VA records folks a bit and they did some digging and found the record for that initial comp & pen exam...still awaiting delivery of that. 

QUESTION:  file the  "supplemental claim"  due to the new regulations and forego the earlier effective date 30 years and request it to be the date of my "intent to file"?

• HadIt.com Elder

Quote From Kenneth Livingston

''But a few months back I pressed the VA records folks a bit and they did some digging and found the record for that initial comp & pen exam...still awaiting delivery of that''.

get your hands on this c&p exam......you need it bad    the date will help you tremendously....go up there every day and ask for  it.

If they had it  you should have got a copy of it  then?

now they Maybe told to shred it???... like I SAID go back up there until you get the copy.  ASAP