VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

First appointment with Voc Rehab today - Wish Me Luck

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

I go to voc rehab today to see if they can help me with ergonomic set up for my computer set up. I'm on here at least 8 to 10 hours a day and it's really taking it's toll on my body. I am trying to get accepted into the indepenting living program and hopefully they can perhaps help with some mobility assistance also.

I'll keep you posted, I'm sure today is going to be miserable for me, it's tough to get out of the house and sitting through a film about something that i won't qualify for is frustrating.

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I got denied ILP.  The reasons were vague.  I decided not to appeal because:

1.  The "Effective date" of ILP is immaterial..you dont get retro for ILP.    Most appeals boil down to the effective date, because you can simply re apply, and, if awarded, it wont matter (with ILP) whether it was effective last year or this year. 

2.  Its faster to file a new claim for ILP rather than a lengthy appeal.  

3.  Alex's ILP appeal (dont know if its done yet), has gone on for years.  Even when he won his appeal, Im not sure if the ILP ever really implemented the appeal accurately.  Ask Alex for details about this, Im sure he is much better at telling his story than I am.  So, what good does an appeal do, when VA can simply choose not to comply with the Board decision?  

• HadIt.com Elder

Good Luck Ms T  I hope they approve you and you can get iin the Voc-Rehab ILP..

. I am not sure why broncovet was denied ILP ?? but you have a good reason to apply...They may send you to the Phyiscal Program at first  doing specialized exercises to tone up and lose-up some  ect,,ect,, but you may also need some martial things to help you on the computer.

I'm not sure who makes it but there's a desk type thing that you set your computer/screens on and you can sit or stand  it goes up and down and turns  my son uses one with three and four computer screens and one big 30 in screen in the middle of the others, he can stand and stretch if he needs too and sit down too..he really likes it  he sits at it 8-12  15 -hours a day  he works as a IT Senior analyst at the emergency 911 CENTER in Dallas and surrounding city's and is in charge of all the police and fire dept communications  stressful job I can only imagine. 

Anyway good luck on getting in the ILP. IF ANYONE DESERVES TO BE IN IT YOU CERTAINLY DO.

Edited by Buck52

• Founder

Well things did not go as planned I had to sit and my walker while my niece pushed me and it collapsed and I took a spill I’m ok just banged up and had to reschedule voc rehab

IMG_0132.jpg

You should have a wheelchair!!  I am in the ILP now and it is nothing but a joke honestly.  The counselor never did the in home assessment like they were supposed to, I can go on and on about how it was handled wrong but at the end of the day all it did was cause me frustration, waste a ton of my time for a few items that after all the aggravation in hind sight my husband and I would have rather just went and purchased instead of the hassle that I had to go through for ILP and of course they denied every single item that was avocation/hobby related even though there was a letter from both my primary and psychiatrist for every single item.  Biggest crap show I ever went through honestly, and at one point they were trying to tell me I had to volunteer???  I am on SSDI, was IU PT and was increased to 100% PT with smc s and had to have letters written that I am unable to work STILL by my providers for voc. rehab.  I seriously think that most of these counselors don't even know what to do with veterans in the Independent Living Program.  Mine surely Doesn't.  I hope you have a much better experience than I do and PLEASE ask the VA to provide you with a wheelchair for days you need someone to push you around, so glad you weren't hurt badly!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Seminoles

You should have ask for the counselor supervisor and re request the things you need, usually they will deny the veteran on this fist level .

Some counselors think they have the upper hand on us Veterans  but you need to turn the tide on them and go to their supervisor...if that don't work go to the Regional Supervisor  and so on  or on up and up the latter until you get results..if you ask for their supervisor they have to tell  where to go to see them ,  or give you what your requesting.

if you have to you can take it all the way to Washington. Its Absolutely Ridiculous to treat a 100% P&T Veteran this way.

some counselor's may think our S.C. Condition IS NOT AS BAD AS WE CLAIM BECAUSE ITS A INVISIBLE CONDITION...AND THAT'S THE WRONG WAY THEY SHOULD BE THINKING.

• Founder

Thank you after I got done at the er they gave me a manual chair and a walker so that should help. Never got to voc rehab had to reschedule