Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

7 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Not sure what you mean 

it is a follow on from your other post on this topic. it is one case that you "think" is about this topic and we have no details as those would be legally protected from disclosure.

Sure if you do get a proposal to reduce, at any time, definitely seek legal help from Alex or a competent attorney.

But it is not a reason to lite your hair on fire with worry until it happens. It is not a common event. If it was a common event it would be all over the news. Instead what it is is a one-off event that occasionally happens and is strictly related the individuals specific circumstances.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

GeekySquide Quoted

''So do you really think that for shits and giggles the VA is gonna come after someone on the cusp of 20 year protection?  ''

Yes I do think  it or thought of it and I have for as long as I been SERVICE CONNECTED.   its been in the back of my mind for years  although I try not to let it worry me  but it is there still in the back of my mind and it will be there until I surpass the 20 year protection (why do you think they call it the 20 year protection rule?)

I THINK ALL VETERANS HAS THIS WORRY...DEPENDING ON THEIR S.C. Disability  its just a Natural thing for Veterans to worry about for 20 years.

(jmo)

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

2 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I THINK ALL VETERANS HAS THIS WORRY.

everyone is entitled to their opinion and that is yours. great. Mine is that the odds of any random vet nearing 20 years of getting a proposal to reduce is vanishingly small.

Worry? I wouldn't and won't. My SC is legit and unless Congress changes the Laws, there is no legal reason to reduce.... if they do try, it would just be one more blip on the path with VA. If you are legit you don't have anything to worry about. I believe you are legit. I think any worry you have comes from your view of the VA and hearing about these one-off events.

Please don't stress yourself. Worrying about it will not prevent it from happening. Worrying about it will not change what the VA is going to do. Making stressful situations for yourself is not a healthy thing.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would think its a Veterans choice rather or not he worrys about this sort of thing or not, I try not to worry about it...but I'd say the majority of Veterans do worry about it.

what happens happens and we need to be prepared for anything the VA does or says.  and not wait until it does happen..it don't do any good to be worrying about this type of issues but it helps to know what to do about it when it does happen.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

2 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

I would think its a Veterans choice rather or not he worrys about this sort of thing or not,

everyone has the right to worry about what they choose to worry about. I choose to voice my opinion that useless worrying is bad for your health. I also choose to voice the opinion that encouraging worrying for no reason is a not-nice thing to do.

4 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

but I'd say the majority of Veterans do worry about it.

I don't think so. I think the vast majority of veterans are aware it "might" happen but don't worry because they are legit.

4 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

we need to be prepared for anything the VA does or says.

sure. but there is nothing you can do to prepare for the one-off chance that at 19 years the VA will decide that you, the individual vet, are to be the target of a proposal to reduce. zero zip nil nada nothing that can be done to prevent a "possible" proposal to reduce that has not manifested in any way, shape, or form.

you can worry all you want Buck. I will continue to suggest people just Breathe. If it does happen to them/you/me, then you follow the process to block the proposal. That is your only sane and legally viable option...but hey if you want to worry, go for it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Geeky   just so you know I think all veterans s.c disabilities are legit.

but the VA Doctors can & do put in their report that the veteran has shown an improvement over the years   or say anything about the Veterans S.C.  Disability that has shown an improvement according to his exam or evaluation of the Veteran  this is  the 99% of the reason the VA Would prompt a C&P Exam

Normally not all ways but Normal what causes this to happen in the first place  if the Veteran is having a Bad day for what ever reasons  and has a few harsh words with his/her VA PCP or Specialty Clinic Doc's  this may cause the Dr to write up untrue medical notes about the Veteran     ...of course this all can be beat with a New IMO/IME  but it sure puts finance burden  on most veterans & their families  getting a costly IMO/IME that have to do this to fight for his benefits  to be taken away.

Your correct we all do have a right to our opinion and if you never worry about your benefits being taken away  then more power to you sir. most of us do have that worry.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use