VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preperation for decision -> Review of Evidence

Rate this question

Kihr

Question

Yesterday my claim moved to Prep for decision, this was a week after my latest C&P, I was feeling optimistic that the estimated completion date of 9/4 was reasonable.  Today it moved back to review of evidence and my date oushed to 9/14.  This is a claim with 1 increase, 2 new, 2 secondary.  I filed my claim 9/24/18 it seems like a long time for a claim.

Anyway, my question is: have any of you had the claim move from "prep for Decision" only to regress to review of evidence?  If so, what was the timeline like?

• Lead Moderator

So this is a normal process for the va. I had 2 issues on remand and it took just over a year to get a decision on the remand.  

You have 6 very different ones so this could take a bit. The good news is they are working on them!  Just check weekly. Once they started working mine it was 6 months until decision. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Shrek is right on target. These things take a longer time than we think they should. Always. And you have multiple decisions to review. Don't be alarmed that your claim seems to be going back and forth either. It happens all the time. Be patient. As Shrek said, check it once a week: it's not going to move quickly right now. Best of luck, GB

Thank you for the responses.  I have honestly been in denial about how bad things are, having them evaluate has really made me understand just how dinged up I really am.  I guess the gravity of my situation has finally taken hold.  I really am struggling right now, I am 30 w/ a 1 y.o and another on the way.  I wanted more kids, something like 4 or 5 but I don't know now if I should have any more.  I worry that I won't be able to keep up, I really am getting down about the situation.

• Lead Moderator

I know for me this has been an impossible task. I have always been the strong guy!  I am always asked to do things normal people can't do and now that has been taken away as I can no longer do it. 

It is a very bitter pill to swallow, but the sooner you take an honest look at yourself you can finally say this is what I am capable of and it is ok to say no. 

I still have problems with this as I will pay for it later. You need to be a good friend to yourself. Love yourself first. Let you be priority #1.  

With my issues, I am starting to realize I just want to be able to do things normal folks can, and do them without pain.  I am getting tired of the constant pain, I have so rarely had a day without pain in the last 10 years that it is now unimaginable.  I keep on keeping on, I went to college, I work, I am going for a masters.  I am doing everything to provide a career for myself and stability for my family in the long term.  Specifically careers that don't rely on my body, and so far it has been ok.  I am concerned because I use school as a way to keep my brain busy and my mind out of darker thoughts.  I finish in a week and I don't really know what to do next to distract myself.  I really need to seek out some pain management I think.

• Lead Moderator

For me I use CBD oil with some lidocaine cream and ibuprofen if I have to. I had to move to a desk job now and I am finding my body is better. I also feel like I can do more but I have to limit myself. As for my free time I make sure I have hobbies like bonsai. It helps calm me down. I also play video game. Playing with my dog brings me joy.  Doing things for my wife.  

Whatever it might be for you, just find that thing you love to do after work and you get some you time!  

This is not impossible to beat just have to get it to submit!