VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VR&E scandal

Rate this question

rashid

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The VA IG has a criteria for any complaints they get but do not get involved with specific claims issues.

Also they request that complaints not involving the normal claim rigamorale, should have the complainer try all ways they can to get the complaint resolved.

I filed an IG complaint recently and they would have contacted me by now if they did not accept it, but I also wrote to the IG assistant who handles similar  and told him the steps I have taken, in this regard, besides the IG complaint.

Maybe you can clarify this:

"I just found out that A VR&E Chief asserted false information into my VA folder that was used to deny my disability claim "

Can you scan and attach here the denial?

Do you have documentation from VR&E that VA refers to in the denial?

"and a 1151 claim. So I ask for an Inspector General  investigation of file a law suit."

I am a 1151er and a FTCAer- the IG had nothing to do with my FTCA  wrongful death claim or my 1151 claim.

The IG does not file FTCAs if that is what you mean.

Can you scan and attach the 1151 decision as well?

I know how low the VA will go with 1151 and FTCA issues.I had no real problems with General Counsel, just with my RO .

But both of these types of charges are separate issues , yet require the same things:

1. Documented proof of VA malpractice and

2. documented proof of disability directly due to the malpractice.

Please cover your C file # and any names in the decisions prior to scanning and attaching them to the post.

Edited by Berta

On 9/9/2019 at 10:58 PM, rashid said:

I just found out that A VR&E Chief asserted false information into my VA folder

The problem is that you have to prove that the information he entered was false.

VA employees on a constant and continued basis enter information into EVERY veterans medical records every time the veteran submits to treatment. 

I had one instance where male nurse asked me my pain level and some other standard questions they ask each and every time you get treatment. I was so fed up with answering these questions that I told the nurse to look in my records that the questions had been answered before. One of my issues with this dude was that he was asking questions in an open area where anyone could here us.  The nurse, would not even look at me when asking the question, he just stared down at his paperwork waiting for an answer.  Well his response to me was go have a seat in the waiting area.  I was then called by the PA who was administering steroid shots into my knees,  I told the PA what had transpired and how I felt that I was treated poorly. He told me that if I did not feel I was treated right I should report the incident to the head nurse. I instead said maybe he is having a bad day,  and I don't think its worth getting him in trouble with his boss.. I learned 4 days later that was a mistake . This dude wrote into my medical record that I was belligerent, and that he was scared for his safety.   I wonder how many people would be  scared  of a  64 year old fat man, who is on oxygen and can't walk and is sitting in a wheel chair?  Well it took me over six months to get this entry removed from the medical record.   In my situation, this entry was sent to everyone in his department with any authority as well as my primary care doctor.  I was lucky that I did have a talk with the PA who treated me ,  it turned out it was him standing it the common area with his back to us when this transpired and he backed up my  side of the story.  

In a cause where you have no witness it  may be hard to prove someone wrote false information in the record.  You do have the legal right to request any false information be removed, and the request is decided by a board of VA employees, not just one employee, and they do investigate any complaints you have about entries in the record.....

But as I said above they  put false information  every time we get treatment, some times they don't even bothering asking us the questions and just write the answers in the record  as if we answered their silly question. I hate the question what is your pain level?  We every decided that was a good way to measure pain is a maroon.  Pain is pain.. The other questions do you feel safe at home? Does anyone mistreat you at home or elsewhere?... etc etc... it gets to the point that they put more garbage in the record than information about the treatment you just got..... go figure....

up date from 2019

The Board admitted to the Veteran Court that the document entered into the record by the Chief of VR&E that was used to deny the claim was fraudulent. They granted my appeal for the extension of the second and first floor of my home in April 2022, however VR&E now refuse to execute the grant stating they need clarification.

I had a problem like this with the  chief who handle independent living program for me.

I did a Amin review to Washington DC they told them to purchase items.

That was 2016. I still don't have the items

I try to appeal the chief wouldn't put the appeal in the system.

They are a whole different department. 

I even wrote the head of regional office to get them to process the administrative review.

But I upload the appeal and took it up to the regional office.

To this date they have not process it.

I am fight another fight right now. So I have press them about the appeal.

But it part of my record 

Good luck I would try doing a writ to the court to get them to address it.

If the bva hold it or don't tell the VA to implement the court decision 

1 hour ago, Mr cue said:

I had a problem like this with the  chief who handle independent living program for me.

I did a Amin review to Washington DC they told them to purchase items.

That was 2016. I still don't have the items

I try to appeal the chief wouldn't put the appeal in the system.

They are a whole different department. 

I even wrote the head of regional office to get them to process the administrative review.

But I upload the appeal and took it up to the regional office.

To this date they have not process it.

I am fight another fight right now. So I have press them about the appeal.

But it part of my record 

Good luck I would try doing a writ to the court to get them to address it.

If the bva hold it or don't tell the VA to implement the court decision 

That’s the most important thing…never give up, that’s what they are hoping for.

Edited by Stayfocus