VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

QTC Exam contract by VA for C&P for 2nd Knee Replacement

Rate this question

Rhodesia

Question

I have had 2 knee replacements on the same knee, one back in 2016 and another in 2018. I was rated 70% on august of 2019. I just finished my Temp 100% for my 2nd knee replacement now I'm being seen again for a comp & pension exam for my 2nd knee replacement by a private contractor through the VA. The letter says that I'm being seen for a reduction in rating or an increase in rating for the 2nd knee replacement.  I'm a little confused because I have been hearing that the VA can reduce your rating if you are better or your quality of life was made better by  the VA. I only know one veteran that his rating was reduced because the VA gave him a upgraded prostheses for his missing leg. Is this something new the VA is doing? I currently live in Israel and I had to fly back every year just for a 45 minute exam. I have not applied for a C&P exam the VA have been doing this on automatic since 2016. this is getting very expensive LOL

Edited by Rhodesia

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Rhodesia it is not something new, it is what the VA does. Your 100% rating is of course temp and after surgery and rehab the VA always will have a C&P and see where your condition should be now evaluated. It could result in a 70% rating like you had before; it could be rated lower or higher than that. It is going to depend on where your symptoms fall in the diagnostic code at the C&P eval. You must do it whenever you are scheduled. Now, I assume in the scheme of things you are still relatively young. You could ask the examiner if they rate you at 70% again, if they could possibly put you in for P&T. That assumes you can't work. If you can, then don't ask. But I would expect that once you get rated again, they won't ask you again for several years, as it isn't likely to improve from the new eval. In any case, do not miss your scheduled C&P. as you will be dropped to 0%.

5 hours ago, GBArmy said:

Rhodesia it is not something new, it is what the VA does. Your 100% rating is of course temp and after surgery and rehab the VA always will have a C&P and see where your condition should be now evaluated. It could result in a 70% rating like you had before; it could be rated lower or higher than that. It is going to depend on where your symptoms fall in the diagnostic code at the C&P eval. You must do it whenever you are scheduled. Now, I assume in the scheme of things you are still relatively young. You could ask the examiner if they rate you at 70% again, if they could possibly put you in for P&T. That assumes you can't work. If you can, then don't ask. But I would expect that once you get rated again, they won't ask you again for several years, as it isn't likely to improve from the new eval. In any case, do not miss your scheduled C&P. as you will be dropped to 0%.

Thank you good to know. I was rated due to my second knee replacement on the same knee from 30% to 60% then I was rated 0% for the two surgical scars and the VA added a 10% due to one of the scars was over 10 inches long. Not counting what I currently have. I still take morphine for the knee pain (Around the area of the Knee) and still having issues with that long second scar which resulted in 78 staples I looked like a subject from Dr. Frankenstein's lab. I retired from the VA in 2016 and I don't work I have had 3 P&T's from the second knee replacement which they call a Knee revision because The Dr. had to go back in and replace all the hardware. My P&T's lasted 18 weeks long. I'm still having issues with the knee due to a constant stiffness, pain, constant left leg cramps at night, and when I walk there are times that I will trip because the left leg could not think before the right leg resulting in almost tripping myself. last but least during my last C&P exam in 2018 the Dr. wanted to know if I knew my leg was shorter due to the second knee replacement, I told him I was not aware of it, but after seeing the chiropractor he said my left leg was shorter about 2 1/2 inches but there is no paperwork on that. and last but least I might have to have a hip replacement due to shifting all my weight on my right side because of the knee injury's through the years while in military service and the five surgeries including the two knee replacements on the same knee.