VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BWN AO vets at BVA-please read

Rate this question

Berta

Question

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta, it looks to me that it is the responsibility of the BVA to render a decision if the veteran's ship log show he went within 12 miles of shore. They are NOT to remand if they have those facts, but make the decision themselves, finding for the BWN veteran.

That is exactly my interpretation as well and I found one BVA award already -

Thank you for replying GBArmy.

I guess the Stay is only on new BWN AO claims at the RO level.

As to the potential new AO presumptives- there is some  BS going on in DC over that issue.I got disturbing email on it this am.....need to check it all out.

It looks like some people in the administration , with no background at all in the VA claims process, have tried to cause potential some new AOs to become snafued. But I need to look into it more......

yet it speaks of what I call the VA's Deep State. There are people in our Gov who do NOT care at all about our nation's veterans. Their position in the gov gives them no right to interfere in VA's business (in my opinion).I say "they" but it might be just one person....a non veteran who already put his foot in his mouth last week.

Former Sec Shulkin was close to a decision last Nov, he still actively is supporting more presumptives, but  some emails from Shulkin and others - just released -----are very upsetting.

I like Wilkie and I loved David Shulkin-but I hope Wilkie does not go through the crap Shulkin did as VA Secretary. And it was CRAP. His heart and mind was with him ,for vets every single day he served  ( and still is).

Edited by Berta

Another BVA Blue Water award-

https://www.va.gov/vetapp19/files7/19157818.txt

USS Pickering

In my opinion this claim should have been awarded at the RO level in the first place  as the decision reveals he was technically a Brown water veteran as well as Blue Water.

Many claimed conditions were denied but they granted for DMII due to his exposure to AO, clearly evident in his service records.

So much for VA giving service records a thorough reading. That is what vets have to do themselves, and often send VA highlighted copies of 201 files or SMRs to prove their case.I didnt see any POA on his case. This vet could have cued them long ago.