Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Loss of a hadit member/veteran/advocate

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Kurt Priessman, who many of you know, died on October 15th, 2019.

Kurt , as a MP, doing perimeter duty in Thailand during the Vietnam War,was alarmed that the security police dogs, seemed to often get very ill and die, and he developed a theory that is now law. The Thailand AO regulations below.

Kurt was an active member here before he got very ill, and also on the original SVR radios shows with us as well as the hadit broadcasts, still available in the podcast archives.He was also active with the Original VA Watchdogs site ( Larry) and then with Jim-the current VA Watchdog.com

What he did for vets was Monumental in many respects and the Thailand situation means that ANY Veteran regardless of where they served- such as the first CONUS vet, James Cripps, -AO Fort Gordon,-----

If they have an AO presumptive and can prove they were on the perimeter of any installation , via their MOS, that was sprayed with AO , they have  a good chance of succeeding in an AO claim.

Bases were sprayed for security on the perimeters( but I bet Command headquarters etc were sprayed too, to keep weeds down-my opinion)

To receive benefits for diseases associated with herbicide exposure, these Veterans must show on a factual basis that they were exposed to herbicides during their service as shown by evidence of daily work duties, performance evaluation reports, or other credible evidence.

See herbicide testing and stoage locations in Thailand.

Thailand Military Bases and Agent Orange Exposure

Vietnam-era Veterans whose service involved duty on or near the perimeters of military bases in Thailand anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975 may have been exposed to herbicides and may qualify for VA benefits.

The following Veterans may have been exposed to herbicides:

U-Tapao Air Base, Thailand, 1972
The National Archives

·       U.S. Air Force Veterans who served on Royal Thai Air Force (RTAF) bases at U-Tapao, Ubon, Nakhon Phanom, Udorn, Takhli, Korat, and Don Muang, near the air base perimeter anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975.

·       U.S. Army Veterans who provided perimeter security on RTAF bases in Thailand anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975.

·       U.S. Army Veterans who were stationed on some small Army installations in Thailand anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975. However, the Army Veteran must have been a member of a military police (MP) unit or was assigned an MP military occupational specialty whose duty placed him/her at or near the base perimeter.

Thailand Military Bases and Agent Orange Exposure

Vietnam-era Veterans whose service involved duty on or near the perimeters of military bases in Thailand anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975 may have been exposed to herbicides and may qualify for VA benefits.

The following Veterans may have been exposed to herbicides:

U-Tapao Air Base, Thailand, 1972
The National Archives

·       U.S. Air Force Veterans who served on Royal Thai Air Force (RTAF) bases at U-Tapao, Ubon, Nakhon Phanom, Udorn, Takhli, Korat, and Don Muang, near the air base perimeter anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975.

·       U.S. Army Veterans who provided perimeter security on RTAF bases in Thailand anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975.

·       U.S. Army Veterans who were stationed on some small Army installations in Thailand anytime between February 28, 1961 and May 7, 1975. However, the Army Veteran must have been a member of a military police (MP) unit or was assigned an MP military occupational specialty whose duty placed him/her at or near the base perimeter.

To receive benefits for diseases associated with herbicide exposure, these Veterans must show on a factual basis that they were exposed to herbicides during their service as shown by evidence of daily work duties, performance evaluation reports, or other credible evidence.”

https://www.publichealth.va.gov/exposures/agentorange/locations/thailand.asp

The link has further use and storage info.

I have no other info yet and hope if his wife needs DIC help she will use his password or her own and come to hadit.

I will try to find her # and call her. The last thing on her mind is DIC however,

this is such a tremendous loss to her and she was so supportive of all the work Kurt did for veterans.

It will live in Infamy-all on the internet and has helped, and the Thailand regulations will continue to help veterans exposed to AO via their MOS in Thailand or elsewhere, and with proof that AO was used, where their MOS took them and exposed them to it.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

This March 2019 Thailand vet AO claim was granted- due to Kurt's work and the BVA also granted AO HBP as well- per the NAS study I put into our AO forum- this is the second AO HBP grant and I think any Vietnam vet should read over the study carefully and, especially if VA deemed their HBP as "essential" they (to include BWN AO vets )should claim AO Hypertention.

https://www.va.gov/vetapp19/files4/19124007.txt

There are about 1500 Thailand claims in the BVAs 2019-2018 decisions and probably more winners there due to Kurt's work. Many of the 1500 have been denied but some are  on remand-

he helped MANY and their families.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

So sorry to hear this Ms berta  may God Bless him and his family.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

My condolences as well. Sounds like someone we could all aspire to. Best to his family.