VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

John48

Question

On Appeal Remand: Sleep apnea, Vascular Disease, Sciatic Nerve Paralysis, Cerebral sinus Thrombosis and amputation of right leg, below the knee. After 4 failed bypass procedures on my LEFT leg, my vascular doctors-VA and Civilian, have told me that amputation of my remaining {LEFT} leg is imminent! It will happen once the blood flow to my leg becomes so reduced that I will no longer be able to withstand the pain and/or when my leg literally begins to die which will lead to gangrene and possibly sepsis. CLOSED and GRANTED: Anxiety disorder. {50% rating}  DENIED: Traumatic cataract,  Coronary Artery Disease, Arterial Aneurysm, Penile Deformity and DIABETES II, of all things!! And for some reason, they put on finger amputation which I NEVER claimed--I have all of my fingers!  I worked on Naha port loading and unloading ships with AGENT ORANGE and MANY other barrels that were leaking or broken open.  In addition, I visited Kadena AFB frequently. I remember the names of 2 of the ships I regularly unloaded--One was the Comet, and the other was the Trans Global. There were others that I can't recall, and I have not found any info as far as cargo with the 2  I do remember. I am hoping that other Vets that were there can send me letters to verify that's what happened everyday, and I will do the same for them!  I can not believe that the VA will not will not say that Agent Orange, and multiple other chemical barrels were on Okinawa. I SAW them. I unloaded them--I worked in clothes all day long that were soaked in these chemicals, and I truly have HAD IT!   John48      ** Here is a brief list of my medical conditions:  DIABETES MELLITUS TYPE II; 5 HEART ATTACKS--the first was in the late 80's;  SKIN CANCER--not yet claimed as I only found out from a VA dermatologist about 3 years ago; 4 STROKES--the first 2 happened in the mid-late '80's, when I was age 40-41,still active duty stateside. The last 2 happened in November 2016, one on November 1, the other one on November 16 while I was in the hospital for the stroke that happened 2 weeks earlier. These strokes have greatly damaged my short-term memory; OPEN-HEART CARDIAC BYPASS SURGERY--2008;  21+ STENTS in my heart, legs, and right arm; COUNTLESS ANGIOGRAMS AND ANGIOPLASTIES;  NEOPLASMS being removed from my face/back; PERIPHREAL NEUROPATHY-FINGERS/TOES.       *  I have left some things out, but what I listed gives everyone an idea. Like ALL of my Brothers and Sisters, I dedicated my life to serve my country. For me, it was 23 years in the Army. I do not want pity; I want JUSTICE for all of us! I have been fighting to get my benefits for 10 years, with ZERO assistance from the VA.       * In addition to all of this, my wife and I may be homeless in 2 months as a result of Hurricane Irma in 2017, and a verbal contract that was broken by our mortgage servicer. Some days we just feel like giving up.  

Edited by John48
added info.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

5 hours ago, John48 said:

*  In addition to all of this, my wife and I mbe homeless in 2 months as a result of Hurricane Irma in 2017, and a verbal contract that was broken by our mortgage servicer. Some days we just feel like giving up.  

John, you have an extra card to play; call Peggy and tell them you are at risk of being homeless. Big deal with the VA on curbing veteran homelessness right now. Do it: you've nothing to lose.

Also GBArmy gave another poster this excellent advice:

"Shannon, I wish you luck in your attempts. You can also place personal notes like "looking for" types in the several national veterans organizations magazines like the VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans Of America, etc. Not sure if there is any charge but it reaches a lot of veterans. Possible resource for you. Good luck!"

In one of the decisions re:  AO Okinawa that I posted in above link, the veteran had obtained multiple buddy statements so Buddy statement  vets can be found.

Have you googled any of the unit members you remember, who served with you in Okinawa, in the Transport division?

Have you tried to find them on Facebook?