Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Higher level review

awfullsharky

The american legion told me that my higher level review was done. Its not showing complete in ebenifits. the 1000# peggy said it would be done in march but american legion said it was done but i would probably happier with it in march. what does that mean?

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit!

Status on ebenefits and va.gov frequently lags behind what is really happening, so don't trust the sites to be current. The status might take a few days to get updated.

The American Legion, your VSO, has the ability to look a bit deeper into the VA systems than the folks at 1-800-827-1000. You could probably call the 1-800 number again and might get a different response.

VSO's often are notified by the VA when a decision has been completed. They get a chance to review it before the VA puts it in the mail. Your VSO should be able to tell you the results of the decision before receiving the letter in the mail.

I hope you get good news!

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

21 minutes ago, Vync said:

Welcome to Hadit!

Status on ebenefits and va.gov frequently lags behind what is really happening, so don't trust the sites to be current. The status might take a few days to get updated.

The American Legion, your VSO, has the ability to look a bit deeper into the VA systems than the folks at 1-800-827-1000. You could probably call the 1-800 number again and might get a different response.

VSO's often are notified by the VA when a decision has been completed. They get a chance to review it before the VA puts it in the mail. Your VSO should be able to tell you the results of the decision before receiving the letter in the mail.

I hope you get good news!

Thanks bud. They wouldn't tell me untill i recieve it letter ugh. But did say I will be happier come march. If they rated as it should be when I read the c and p exams. It should be close to 100k back pay. Would it take them that long to pay that?

20 hours ago, awfullsharky said:

Thanks bud. They wouldn't tell me untill i recieve it letter ugh. But did say I will be happier come march. If they rated as it should be when I read the c and p exams. It should be close to 100k back pay. Would it take them that long to pay that?

That is very promising news. When retro payments go over certain amounts, they need to send them up the chain to get higher level approval. I don't know why it would take until March to approve though, but I could be wrong. If you are already enrolled in direct deposit from the VA, the payment might arrive before the letter in the mail.

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• HadIt.com Elder

awfullsharky, Vync is right on all his comments, but it is a damn shame the way the VA messes with the veteran's money. Why in the world should it take 4 months for obtaining management's signature and paying the man. Only because the VA can. Can you take 4 months to pay for your Mastercard bill? If that was a private business, it would have to close their doors in no time. Even when the veteran wins a disability they have to wait an extraordinary time for them to get around to sign off. Totally wrong. That's something I would write a letter to Sec. Wilkie about personally. I'm totally serious. What would you have to lose; they going to delay it further?

@GBArmy I think the VA may be setting distant estimated completion dates for some HLR or CUE claims being processed at the VARO. This allows them to claim they are working quickly when they finish up claims early. They can then boast about their metrics for completing claims ahead of schedule.

In cases like awfullsharky's, the VA will simply leave the estimated completion date in place literally until they mail out the decision and payment. If that claim ends up like my claim from this past May, the estimated completion date stayed the same until about a week after the decision arrived in the mail.