Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ischemic heart disease

Rate this question

Charles Nicholls

Question

4 answers to this question

We have many Vets who have won their claims on hadit.   Did you also serve in Vietnam or another Country?  There are presumptives for IHD for "boots on the ground" Vietnam Vets, but I dont know if that applies to you or not.  

However, back to Ft. Gordon.  This article indicates they sprayed Agent Orange on Ft. Gordon:

https://grist.org/article/veteran-wins-groundbreaking-claim-for-agent-orange-exposure-at-georgia-mili/

You cannot hurt yourself by trying.  File the claim and see what happens.  Some will advise you not to file because it is a frivolous claim and only keeps other vets claims backed up.  If you quit there you have already lost.  Only the rating personnel will decide if the claim has merit.  Do not give up if you are denied the initial go around appeal to the BVA.

• HadIt.com Elder

Charles

Good advise from Bronc and vetquest. We don't know your timeframe, but if you believe you were exposed at Ft. Gordon, you need to be in the same approx. time as the article points out. As vetquest said, if you don't submit, you'll never know. Don't worry about backing up other veterans' claims either. The VA can do that all by themselves, and they are very good at delays. They have a $220 BILLION budget this year; I really don't think your claim is going to cause any harm. You didn't mention what disability you are considering. I assume it is one of the presumptive diseases the VA already acknowledges as being s-c. If it is one of the 4 additional "presumptive" diseases the VA has on the short list to add, you probably have a less of a chance to win right now than waiting until they are officially added to the list, but then you have a better shot at getting an EED. You are going to need a really good independent medical opinion that leaves no doubt you contracted your disease back in service. You will almost certainly be denied on your first claim, and will have to appeal,  so don't even start this claim if you are not in it for the long haul. James Crips is a frequent contributor to Hadit, so maybe he can give so maybe he can give you some specific advise. The Chinese saying goes "the longest journey starts with the first step." So start walking

You can also do a Google search using terms like Fort Gordon, Agent Orange.  Do this search with the other search engines also and there should be many references to that topic some of which may be useful.

If my memory serves me correct (?????) I did read from another source that only a small test area was involved and only civilians were involved with only army game wardens supposedly being exposed.  HOWEVER this info maybe highly inaccurate and the others have given you good advice about filing.

My info here is not legal advice as I am not an attorney, paralegal or VSO.