Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Increase

Rate this topic

PEACHES1962

Years ago I would not consider restarting the task of executing my VA claims.  I found that I had to prove myself to the VA which in turn infuriated me. However, after years of denying myself what I had earned for my service to our country I finally restarted everything in 2018. To date I have a 90% rating and am working on my 100%.  At this time I am not attempting to claim unemployable as I still want to work and I love my job. A good friend and fellow female soldier encouraged me not to give up fighting and I eventually restarted and haven't quit yet. I never thought I would get my rating up so quickly in one year but I did with honesty and perseverance.  There are no tricks to getting your compensation/disability and getting useful and good advice from soldiers who have been where you are truly a treasure. I am so glad that I found this site and I will continue to forward my knowledge to anyone who asks.  I am also glad I found this site.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Excellent advice!

The route to higher ratings is often increasing existing ratings. If you have evidence within the past 12 months showing you meet the rating criteria for a higher percentage, consider submitting it and requesting an increased rating. If the VA sends you for a C&P, it usually means they may either need clarification or your evidence is nearing 12 months from the time you filed. Remember, increases do not require a nexus.

Another avenue is secondary disabilities. When a SC disability, or the medication used to treat it, causes another disability, consider filing for it. Of course, secondaries require a nexus.

I'm glad you are not giving up.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use