FlyboyLeRoy

Question

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

It means you have to wait for the envelope and it "could" be on its way.  Did you check the letters in ebenefits?  It may tell you more.  

I dont want to speculate on what ebenefits or va.gov means, because they are frequently inaccurate, and almost never up to date.  

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

It means you have to wait for the envelope and it "could" be on its way.  Did you check the letters in ebenefits?  It may tell you more.  

I dont want to speculate on what ebenefits or va.gov means, because they are frequently inaccurate, and almost never up to date.  

When i checked ebenefits my percentage was still the same. Is there someplace in particular I should check?

41 minutes ago, vetquest said:

That is where you should be checking.  Wait for the letter and they give you the information to appeal or continue on.

Thanks. Is that response “closed” indicative of a denial? Or just anything?

"Closed" does not mean a denial.  It really does not even mean your claim has been closed, for sure, because ebenefits is unreliable.  It does not mean an award, either.  You have to wait for the envelope.  If your decision letter does not show up in a month or so, then you need to run down why not.  

For example, "closed" can mean you opted for ramp, or your claims were merged as you had more than one.  You have to wait for the envelope.  

Edited by broncovet

18 minutes ago, broncovet said:

"Closed" does not mean a denial.  It really does not even mean your claim has been closed, for sure, because ebenefits is unreliable.  It does not mean an award, either.  You have to wait for the envelope.  If your decision letter does not show up in a month or so, then you need to run down why not.  

For example, "closed" can mean you opted for ramp, or your claims were merged as you had more than one.  You have to wait for the envelope.  

Understood, thanks!