VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Documentation location

Rate this question

Ranmic

Question

I recently had a C&P exam and the VA made their decision based off of it plus my other evidence.  I have not seen what the C&P Doc sent to the VA for them to base their decision off of.  How do I find that info?  I've looked on the VA site and the eBenefits site with no luck.

4 answers to this question

Myhealtvet. If you have an account you can see your treatment notes, including c and ps. It’s under the Blue Button, unless you had it done by a contractor. Then you have to get it from them.

https://www.va.gov/bluebutton/

Try going to your local VAMC "release of information" office and request it.  Unfortunately, since VA owns that exam (they paid for it, so they own it) the VA "may" not let you see it until later.  But often they will release it, just try your ROI office.  

They don’t own the exam. It’s still your PHI. The only moratorium they put on medical release is if the release is mental health information. That can be held for a few days, maybe a week.