Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

QTC Exam

Rate this question

scooter318

Question

Hi Everyone

I wanted to know has anyone ever had a QTC exam, I just received an email yesterday from them stating that I need this exam so that they can finish processing my claim. The reason I ask about this exam is because I had a C&P at the VA back in August and I thought that was good enough. Is a QTC exam another version of a C&P because my last exam coincided with what my IMO stated so I thought that the VA would be making a decision soon. So any info about what the exam in tells would be greatly appreciated and thank you all for the help over the years. 

Eric

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

There are several reasons you can be called for a second exam.  

1.  The exam did not give an etiology (such as whether or not it was caused by military service).  

2.  The symptoms were not documented.  You will be rated on symptoms, if SC, and if the symptoms were not documented then its a "cloud" and this needs to be fixed. 

3.  Sometimes, the VA is trying to "develop to deny", which is prohibited but VA does it anyway.  A smart lawyer, smart VSO, or even a smart hadit memeber can sometimes detect this.  

4.  Other reasons, such as the doc forgot to send the exam in, forgot to sign it, etc.  

In all cases, you simply need to attend the second exam.  As always, tell the examiner what happened on your worst day, not how you feel on your best day.  

Yes, Broncovet is correct about develop to deny.  The VA cannot reduce you on the basis of one exam also, so they sent me to three exams within a month with VA doctors.  Just keep an eye out for the exam.  You should be able to request it and your previous exam at your hospital release of information office thirty days after your exam.  Check the two exams and see what they have to say. 

Thank you for replying vetquest, I don't know why the VA does this to vets, I filed my claim for an increase  back in December of 2018 and they denied it. So I went and got the law firm that initially helped me to file the NOD, and then I got an IMO along with statements from my wife and my sister about the condition of my back. Then the VA sent me to get a C&P at the VA in Fort Worth and the nurse practitioner that did it said yep your back is pretty messed up. Just to make sure he had in my record what he told me in the exam I went and got a copy of my C&P and he stated that my back has gotten worse. So with all this evidence the VA for some reason closes my case, and I had to have the law firm that is helping me find out why. The VA says that they made a mistake and that they have all the info they need and that I should have a decision in 90 days. My 90 day mark is this month but I check my email yesterday and now I have to have another exam go figure.

Does the VA specify that the new exam is solely for your back condition?

At a 70% rating, you may qualify for Individual Unemployability(100%) if you are too disabled to work based upon your service connected disability(s).

Has a claim for IU(Individual Unemployability) been filed in your behalf?

When I filed for IU, the VA sent me for a general C&P exam where ALL of my service connected conditions were re-evaluated

Edited by 63Charlie

Hi 63Charlie

Yes the new exam is solely for my back,  I work in IT so I do sit down most of the day and my job just purchased me an ergonomic chair and a vera desk to accommodate my situation. Also my job allows me to work from home every Friday to help with my condition, they didn't know how bad my back was until I tried to get up one day and my back locked up.