Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got It

Rate this topic

bigjim

• HadIt.com Elder

did they send info for CHAMPVA or college stuff for kids? if they did then you are P&T if they didn't then you probably need to get it clarified.....CONGRATS

Edited by Testvet

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did they send info for CHAMPVA or college stuff for kids? if they did then you are P&T if they didn't then you probably need to get it clarified.....CONGRATS

yes sir, i got all that with the letter, tks glad to know it is P&T//bigjim

WHOOP TI DO!!!!! Congrats---

Did they say Permanent and total at all in this decision?

100% for PTSD- or 70 % -it looks like they said it both ways-

The prostate cancer Jim- did they say this was a temporary rating?

Reason I ask is that this type of cancer can often be successfully treated-

And the proposed incompetency-

this means that they probably wont send the $$$$ until this is resolved-

as you know this can be normal SOP- doesnt mean anyone in the family can take your stuff away from you or anything-this is to protect vets not to hurt them-

The VA usually sends the money to the spouse- in lieu of the vet-if they are found incompetent-

and most vets really dont care but I have a friend who waited for over 6 months after his 100 % award to get the VA to interview the wife to see if she was "competent".

She worked wth mentally ill in professional status but still the VA had to interview her in person-

this held up the vet's retro for a long time-

Rod was incompetent per SSA but he liked it-they said he could challenge it if he wanted to but he could not handle money anyhow-

the VA said he was fully competent-

figure that-

it is just VA BS and nothing to be alarmed about-

my friend I mentioned ---- if he had direct access to his money it would have been gone in a week-he got almost 1/4 million as retro-he is grateful that they declared him incompetent but it added time to getting his retro.

Still great news Jim-I regret that you have these disabilties but the VA did the right thing here.

[/quote

thanks, va is sending a person to talk to me and me wife,it to will come to pass, tks for allyour help//bigjim

Goiod Job Big Jim. That makes 2 wins out of Louisville in 3 months. Louisville aint so bad.

they sent my package to porto rico,,prostate caner is for 6 months then to va for re check,,,

it will be ok, cancer still inside prosta,,, tks so much god bless//bigjim