Rate this question

hookrunner

Question

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

It doesn't make sense IMO. The VA has complete access to SS records, so why ASK if a veteran is employed? Remember, if you submit ANY evidence to them, be it positive or negative, the RO can justify reopening a P&T case. Perhaps you should give them a call and see if you can ask SS to send over documentation instead (actually have the VA request so you're not the one submitting it).

The title reads as follows

Employment Questionaire ,form # 21-414

box #3 asks, were you employed by VA,others or self empolyed during the last 12 months? Of course I checked the NO block.

It then says to skip Section 1and procedue to section 2.

That section is only for a signature , date and phone #.

I am not paranoid about this ,I only want to know if anyone else has recieved such a doctument in the past?

Hookrunner,

Back in the 70s and 80s the 21-4140-1 employment questionnaire went out annually to the TDIU folks. If you did not work in the prior year you checked NO, signed the form and mailed it back pretty quick. It was just a formality – no big deal. Once I got TDIU PT and Chapt 35, ChampVA beneifits and no future exams scheduled the annual forms stopped. According to some posts on another Vets Benefits website the forms are being resurrected due to the activities of the VDBC (Veterans Disability Benefits Commission). If you are not working, take the form with a grain of salt, fill it out and mail it in. For those who are engaged in marginal or substantially gainful employment it might be best to touch base with your SO or other advisor before filling out the form to discuss the situation in case the wages are caught during the SSA, IRS, VA computer cross check. I doubt if the protected ratings (20 year plus = me) will get the form as well as those over a certain age (I read 69), but we won’t know for sure as this is all new. All in all, no work = no problems. I do wonder if the TDIU PT with Chapt 35 and no future exams will get the form each year???

Jay Riverman