Cherron5

Question

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

HLR Closed means:

1.  You need to wait for the envelope, it doesnt mean much. However, if you check the "letters" section, it "may" show whether or not you have been rated or increased.  

2.  If your representative has VBMS access he can tell you more.  This includes an attorney, VSO, or non attorney practioner.  

3.  If you dont have a representative with VBMS access, the first thing I would do is wait 30 days for a letter.  

4.  After 30 days, if you dont have an envelope, I suggest you send an IRIS email asking for claim status OR

You can call Peggy to check the status.  Or both.  

5.  If you still cant resolve this in 30 days, call the white house hotline.  

There are at least 2 possibilities:  

a) Your claim has been completed or

b)  Your claim was closed without adjutication.  

14 hours ago, Cherron5 said:

HLR closed! Under review is compensation issues! Does any one know what that means?

You should be able to see what is happening on ebenefits under disability tab. When it says compensation issue, it typically has something to do with the effective date. For example, my effective date was incorrect (6 months off) and they had to fix it resulting in a large retroactive payment.

Let us know how it goes.

My HLR and supplemental both have compensation issues listed.  I had 4 issues that I was trying to get service connection and compensation issue was listed 4 times instead of each issue being listed.  

I filed the supplemental on 2/3/2020 and other than my claim showing up on va.gov, it listed "We don't know your status" until the claim was completed on 3/17/2020.  It didn't show any progress at all until the claim was completed.  The only reason I knew it had been completed was because I saw new disabilities listed on eBenefits.  Now, they finally approved my claims but they completely jacked up the effective dates.  They made the effective date the date that I filed the supplemental, which was completely wrong since I had been keeping those claims open since 2010.  It sat at BVA for about 3 years before it was eventually remanded.  I filed another HLR for and earlier effective date and I'm waiting for it to show up on va.gov.  

You wont know what the effective dates are until you get the envelope.  Ebenefits shows the effective date "December 2019" because that is when we got the last cola.  

To reiterate:  Wait for the envelope.  Thats all Im gonna say about that, I wont speculate on what an unreliable ebnefits says any more.  

11 minutes ago, broncovet said:

You wont know what the effective dates are until you get the envelope.  Ebenefits shows the effective date "December 2019" because that is when we got the last cola.  

To reiterate:  Wait for the envelope.  Thats all Im gonna say about that, I wont speculate on what an unreliable ebnefits says any more.  

All of my disabilities on eBenefits show the actual effective dates of each disability. Where are you seeing last cola as an effective date?