Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

CFS/Fibro Denial thoughts

Rate this question

wood78221

Question

Looking for opinions on this one. I applied for CFS/Fibro presumptively and was denied (Shocker I know). This letter is so comical. Basically they are denying me for not being diagnosed at the VA? They also mention the conditions are not chronic but I have sent them private treatment records that were treatment records for 10 months? I attached it for review. What is interesting is how can I be connected for IBS presumptively and not this? I have a diagnosis for all these conditions. Obviously, I am going to submit the claim for an HLR. They beat around the bush but never mentioned I DONT have a diagnosis. Thoughts?Mail_Redacted.pdf

4 minutes ago, wood78221 said:

Yes the Fibro and foot increase was in person. Interesting enough, the feet increase DBQ was enough for them to give me an increase without an exam? 

Post the page for the foot increase.  

• Adminstrator
27 minutes ago, wood78221 said:

I’ve sent all my private medical records to the VA a few days ago. But the kicker is the diagnosis outside the VA doesn’t matter. It’s a diagnosis. 

for the purpose of an EED then yes.  As to get them to SC your condition it might be faster to be seen at the VA for them to say yep he has Fibro.  You can keep fighting them to the BVA and will could get them to change it there, but the RO has already set the precedence for the next RO to follow and to give you another denial.

I had an in person exam and got diagnosis for IBS, Fibro, and CFS (all presumptive).  I got approved for Fibro 40%, 0% IBS (which isn't correct according to the 3 Dr's diagnosis notes), and denied CFS.  The CFS denial was based on other symptoms causing it (PTSD/MDD).  Not sure I want to contest the IBS.  I'm 100% P&T with SMC-S.