VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

NOD Granted - Can Anything in it be Re-appealed?

Rate this question

MarkP

Question

I received a favorable decision last November for my NOD. A few things were denied, but my main points were found favorable. I realize I had 60 days to appeal the claims that were denied in the NOD, but my question is do I still have the year to appeal anything else in the decision; specifically, a zero percent rating? I got service connected for hypertension and was given 0%. This claim was one of the weaker claims that I failed to address in more detail. I'm on medications and meet the criteria to be at least 10% for this. So, does the "one year to appeal" cover NOD decisions? I thought it did, but I'm reading up on it now and I'm getting the feeling I don't. Thanks.

Mark

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

On 5/12/2020 at 4:01 PM, GBArmy said:

MarkP You have to be stubburn Do you really want the Machine to win? No you don't. If you still have time work it. OK, it's a little work up front. And maybe another C&P. Big deal. You can win this. Hope you continue brother.

Ok, I pulled out my paperwork today to request an increase for my hypertension which they service connected me at 0%. I'm on three meds to keep it under control and I meet the requirements for at least 10%, so I'll be getting this together. Now, .. it looks like I need to put this on a VA Form 20-095. Is that correct?  I'm feeling "stubborn" today so I need to get this in the mail while I got the energy to do it! Is this the required form? Thanks in advance.

• HadIt.com Elder

OK Mark, so what is the evidence for increase on headaches or migraines from 0%. Headache log? Do you want to run it by us?

18 minutes ago, kanewnut said:

I think you mean 20-0995. You are sending in additional evidence so this is it. 

Give ‘em hell while you have the energy!

Another question. I'm in the legacy system. This form states that by using it I "have to" opt-in to the new Modernization Review System. I'm not sure that's a good decision. I'm not sure. Why all these road blocks?

15 minutes ago, GBArmy said:

OK Mark, so what is the evidence for increase on headaches or migraines from 0%. Headache log? Do you want to run it by us?

It's hypertension. Evidence will be my three medications and a recent run to the ER for high blood pressure. My numbers will be over the minimum numbers required. I guess the VA found "evidence" in my service medical records of hypertension (thus 0% award) even though they said NONE EXISTED! I only requested them continuously for two years. I still haven't gotten them. As long as they got them and they're reviewing them.

22 minutes ago, MarkP said:

I'm in the legacy system

I’m sorry, I thought you were in the AMA. Your decision should state how to file your appeal. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Mark The VA misses evidence in your records all the time, whether it's on purpose or not. It is just what they do. We just have to overcome what they screw up. The VA takes 3 readings over several days and uses that data from your records or from specific readings they ask you to get at the VA.  You can find what they have in your data under "vital readings". See what is there for you. If you have 3 or more findings listed  that are high and establishes your new criteria, make a copy as evidence. That's pretty much the routine to establish whether or not you have current symptom for htn. Since you are already s-c for it, it should be somewhat similar to show your worse conditions. What you might want to do is send a request to your doc thru Blue Button (establishes a medical record) and say your b/p seems to be getting worse. He should say go to the VAMC or clinic and get it checked. It will be put in your file (new medical evidence). Assuming it is over 100,  you reference your new increased recording in your Supplemental claim. You might want to have a cup of coffee before you take your readings; that's up to you. Point is you have to show recordings in your records somehow. If they aren't in there, you will have to get them put in.