Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA AWARD LETTER

Rate this question

taylor88be8

Question

You dont need to do anything else right now, "Unless" you intend to appeal the Board Decision, because you have a short fuze to do that, and you should act now if you intend to appeal the board decision.  Remember, you can appeal "anything" of the board decision, such as disability percentage, effective date, or denial of one or more conditions, even if one or more was granted.  

On 5/30/2020 at 4:42 PM, broncovet said:

You dont need to do anything else right now, "Unless" you intend to appeal the Board Decision, because you have a short fuze to do that, and you should act now if you intend to appeal the board decision.  Remember, you can appeal "anything" of the board decision, such as disability percentage, effective date, or denial of one or more conditions, even if one or more was granted.  

Well it now says the  VA  “corrected a error”, from the appeal and it’s now “Closed” as of (
(June 13th)  so oddly enough they finished my appeal on a Saturday, that’s a first!  

But at least it’s moving, still no backpay, but I’m patiently waiting for that day, and I hope soon with them closing out appeal yesterday, and sending out new updated benefits of award letters.

thanks for all the support!

taylor

I would wait for the formal VARO letter,if I were you, to see if the RO properly implemented the BVA grant. Then you will know if there is anything else you should do, as Broncovet said.

I think this BVA decision is Stunning!

I need to read over your whole threads here.

Congratulations!

I think there is a lot to be learned here , for others, from your posts , to obtain that great award!

Is the PTSD/TBI claim for a better EED still on going at your VARO?

If so was it a CUE claim?

This also points out how,when the forms changed, the VAROs were all messed up-

I thought an issue I had was grandfathered in, on the older  form regulations, but finally got a letter from my VARO telling me it had to be filed on the new forms.In some cases I think the VA is determining EEDS by the date of when the new form is filed ,even  when the claim had already been filed on the proper form prior to the change date.

I read over some of your past posts at your profile page:

question:

"My claims have been incredibly jacked up since 2012, when I was medically retired for Ptsd/Tbi from the military for injuries that awarded me a purple heart.  "

Is that issue still open at the RO? Maybe I misunderstood that.

Were those claims (PTSD/TBI)filed within one year of your medical discharge?

10 hours ago, Berta said:

I read over some of your past posts at your profile page:

question:

"My claims have been incredibly jacked up since 2012, when I was medically retired for Ptsd/Tbi from the military for injuries that awarded me a purple heart.  "

Is that issue still open at the RO? Maybe I misunderstood that.

Were those claims (PTSD/TBI)filed within one year of your medical discharge?

No ma’am, that’s the appeal that was just awarded or granted by the BVA judge in Washington.  My claim/case has been a bumpy road of zig zags, VA Raters at the local level denying,denying,denying when the evidence since 2012 has been highlighted, circled, marked with Red ink arrows Pointing out the evidence was clearly there to prove entitlement but they refused to grant it and it’s not kind “well , maybe they (VA Raters)  never got it, or overlooked it, no thus was and has down right intentional.

The VA Judge could tell and see what was happening and that’s why he did what he did, with the Montgomery, Alabama’s VA regional office and it’s total disregard And Game playing now cost them well over half a million dollars in retroactive benefits as the judge I found out today made my effective date of SMC-T-2/ at the R-2 rate to be retroactive to the original claim of June 27,2012.

i still haven’t received my back pay but interesting call to VA/Peggy today the va representative said “sir,keep a eye on your bank account around Wednesday”  

I said well I’m glad it’s moving somewhat fast, my mother was on the call as well and the words that standout to me said about the retroactive pay were “it’s mind boggling”  and 

“life changing” so that left me wanting to be super excited but yet, I’m absolutely exhausted as well as the resources around me that helped make this come true without ever using a VSO or attorney so there are no fees to be paid out anyone.   

I hope this helps some   

and to answer the other question was medically retired (PDRL) 100% PTSD/TBI June 27,2012 is the day after service or retirement date  

SSDI based solely on armed conflict in Afghanistan and they made my effective date 02/22/2010 which is also my Purple Heart date based solely on the PTSD/TBI as well  

thanks

taylor 

Edited by taylor88be8

Taylor, Like many here -you have been through a lot-with the VA, and you Never GAVE UP!

I know the exhaustion it can cause to keep fighting back, but that will go away- 

You succeeded  "without ever using a VSO or attorney so there are no fees to be paid out anyone. "

Many of us  are the best VSO or vet rep , attorney etc etc, we will ever have.

But it is not easy for every claimant to go it alone.

"SMC-T-2/ at the R-2 rate to be retroactive to the original claim of June 27,2012."

And PTSD, TBI, Purple Heart- What you went through with the VA is an absolutely Outrage!

I hope others here gain hope for their claims , after reading all this.

Nothing is impossible!!!!!!!!!!