VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Paid at 100% Back pay for increase of disability

Rate this question

lmtanner1972

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

OK  these are the combined ratings you posted  for  the different years awarded you.=on year and month.

1. on 5-01-2009  you were rated 10%

2. On 6-27-2000  you were rated 0%

3. on 6-27-2000  you were rated 10%

4. on 1-01-2011 you were rated 50%

5. on 2-23-2010 you were rated 70%

6. on  10-16-2014 you were rated 20%

7. on 5-01-2009 you were rated 50%

Now these all add up to a 95.5 % which anything above 95% goes to the 100%

So your actually 100% for all these disability's but you was not 100% all these years on these rating because of the dates, however once you were rated for all  these  each year cola comes around  to increase these %'s  that you have..so your going to have to figure out of all these disability ratings  which one brought you up to the 100%  

I am thinking (just thinking now) it had to be the last 50% rating you was awarded back in 05-01-2009   from that date is when your owed back pay  for the other half of the 100%  minus what you already been paid through out the years  on these other disability's

Now if they paid you each year for the cola raises we get (some years we don't get cola raises)  then your going to need to go back on all these dates and see how much the cola pay was for that particular year?  because they usually add that in on Jan 31 of each year  your beginning pay for that year  which is  January .

Your 100% for all these Combined ratings...so where is the extra 60% you need for the SMC-S Home-bound? separate  &  distinct  disability RATED 60% OR HIGHER?

Not sure what  SMC K your getting?  it could be smc k which is usually a 0% rating but service connected. for E.D. it carry's about a 138,00 month added into your monthly pay.....if the SMC-K Your getting is for loss of use then you will need to find what that SMC K is paying you monthly for? for that disability?

If your asking will you get retro pay from the 100%  no you won't because they already been paying you for those    with the dates you were awarded.

And again I may not be understanding your question? 

other members will chime in here.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

As you can see its a complicated mess to figure out because you have to pin -point when they started paying you for these disability's usually from the date you won but now to get a EED they can pay you back further ..EED dates is entitled to when you first filed  or the facts found  which ever date is later..but it is in the veterans burden to prove it.  you do that by getting all your award letters & records and reading them what the rating sheet says your entitlement is..  you go by your entitlement date  unless you have records to prove other wise.

1 hour ago, Buck52 said:

OK  these are the combined ratings you posted  for  the different years awarded you.=on year and month.

1. on 5-01-2009  you were rated 10%

2. On 6-27-2000  you were rated 0%

3. on 6-27-2000  you were rated 10%

4. on 1-01-2011 you were rated 50%

5. on 2-23-2010 you were rated 70%

6. on  10-16-2014 you were rated 20%

7. on 5-01-2009 you were rated 50%

Now these all add up to a 95.5 % which anything above 95% goes to the 100%

So your actually 100% for all these disability's but you was not 100% all these years on these rating because of the dates, however once you were rated for all  these  each year cola comes around  to increase these %'s  that you have..so your going to have to figure out of all these disability ratings  which one brought you up to the 100%  

I am thinking (just thinking now) it had to be the last 50% rating you was awarded back in 05-01-2009   from that date is when your owed back pay  for the other half of the 100%  minus what you already been paid through out the years  on these other disability's

Now if they paid you each year for the cola raises we get (some years we don't get cola raises)  then your going to need to go back on all these dates and see how much the cola pay was for that particular year?  because they usually add that in on Jan 31 of each year  your beginning pay for that year  which is  January .

Your 100% for all these Combined ratings...so where is the extra 60% you need for the SMC-S Home-bound? separate  &  distinct  disability RATED 60% OR HIGHER?

Not sure what  SMC K your getting?  it could be smc k which is usually a 0% rating but service connected. for E.D. it carry's about a 138,00 month added into your monthly pay.....if the SMC-K Your getting is for loss of use then you will need to find what that SMC K is paying you monthly for? for that disability?

If your asking will you get retro pay from the 100%  no you won't because they already been paying you for those    with the dates you were awarded.

And again I may not be understanding your question? 

other members will chime in here.

Thank you for the clarity, Yes I have been paid 100% and SMC K  $138.00 monthly but it wasn't  p&T for a while.  I had a RFE on June 9,2020 and #4 was increased from 50% to 100% and made my 100 combine rating P&T now and I guess I will be getting the SMC S for it as well. Again thank you for clarity I can of knew I wouldn't be so luck to get the retro for the increase on one disability if I was already being paid at 100% overall rating.