• donate-be-a-hero.png

Clonazepam Anyone?

Rate this topic

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Its a slow acting longer lived version of xanax ans supposedly not as addictive. I think it is also used for people with restless leg syndrome and helps people sleep. I once used it at bedtime combined with xanax.

Good luck I think it is a good med but that is my opinion.

http://www.mentalhealth.com/drug/p30-r04.html

• HadIt.com Elder

I use it and it is a good drug. If you take it for a while you don't want to stop suddenly or you can have problems. Much better than valium. It helps me sleep and relaxes me from taking narcotics that can wire me up at times.

I have taken it for probably 10 years and have only had to increase the dosage once. I take it only at bedtime and it was the ONLY drug that helped me with Panic Attacks at night. There is a problem taking if you have any Liver Disease...it should NOT be taken. I had a friend on it and he had scheloris of the liver and was taking 4 pills a day. He was having more anxiety amd panic attacks and the VA doctor, knowing about the liver disease, increased his clonazapam. He almost died, because they took him off the clonapazam after I showed his wife the info on NOT to prescribe with liver problems. He was hospitalyzed for several weeks with seisures from stopping the clonapazam, but he finally stabilyzed. I filed for secondary liver damage from the clonazapam and won, but he was already at 100% PTSD P&T, I had gotten him up to a total of 100% P&T for PTSD plus another 60% other s/c using AMERICAN standard (not VA) math, and could have gotten him the SMC award with another 10% increase in Diabetes, but his wife wanted to take over and didn't want me to file for it...it's their life, so I gave her all the records!

• HadIt.com Elder

As Jesse stated "I have taken it for probably 10 years and have only had to increase the dosage once. I take it only at bedtime and it was the ONLY drug that helped me with Panic Attacks at night."

Don't understand how it works, but the Panic Attack, dreams & nightmares seem to go away & you sleep better. Odd thing about Clonazepam is that you have some really strange dreams, but not nightmares. No bombs, crashes, burning bodies etc. I take it 1 in am & 3 at night. One of better meds I've ever taken.

Don