VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU after the Age of 70

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

My question is how the VA looks and keeps track to TDIU vets who are over 70 years of age?  I am P&T for the last 18 years. I am officially housebound.  Is VA still checking up on any earnings I might have via SSA or IRS?  No chance of me getting 100% schedular unless I get a lot sicker.  I am 90% with TDIU now.  Not that I intend to try to work. I have only passive earnings from investments.  Very lucky in that regard, but it took almost 40 years to get there.  Don't let people tell you how to get rich quick with hot tips and fantastic business deals.  

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Broke Soldier

I wish I could work.  I wonder if the VA will one day say I am too old to work so I no longer have valid case for TDIU?  My brother works and he is almost as old as I am.  When we lose our ability to work we lose a lot.  I lost many contributions to my pension and my 401-K.  I don't think people really know what it means to lose ability to work in the USA.   I knew people who were 80 years old who worked with me at the USPS.  One old guy was in a nursing home and came back to work at the USPS.   That's dedication I guess.