VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Before Appeals Mgmt. Center Rating Board

Rate this question

vaf

Question

Has anyone had a decision rendered on a claim by the rating board at the Appeals Management Center? If so, can you give me a rough idea as to how long the rating board took to make a decision?

This was a remand issued by the Board in December of 2005.

Thanks!

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks all. There are two claims contained in that remand. One item was first remanded by the Board for "expeditious" resolution to the VARO in March 2001, then again in June 2003, and again in December 2005. The VARO ignored all the remand directives, never contacted us for additional information, in fact, never contacted us at all on these two issues.

We were just about to file a Writ of Mandamus after the December remand when I found out that the Appeals Management Center was finally handling the claim, instead of it being kicked back to the VARO.

I hope the AMC doesn't wait for the RO's input on this, after all, the RO had it for all those years and never bothered to look at it.

Vicky,

I was told by the AMC that my file will not be going back to Huntington R. O for any decisions that they would be making them all themselves. They get it back once the decision is rendered, that is my understanding.

I came from the Huntington R. O and I know that Huntington also is a Management Center, but they said that there would be a conflict of interest there.

I signed a waiver that any new information that I turned in would by pass Huntington and I dared those stupid people to touch the claim.

Between the two R. O's Roanoke and Huntington, my claim is so full of errors that it is hard to count them all. They have tried to get rid of me since I located the psychiatric records at the archives in 2004.

I have been told by the AMC that my claim was back again with the rater and should receive the long awaited answer in about 30 days.

Josephine

Has anyone had a decision rendered on a claim by the rating board at the Appeals Management Center? If so, can you give me a rough idea as to how long the rating board took to make a decision?

This was a remand issued by the Board in December of 2005.

Thanks!

Vickie, I worked my claim by myself for 7 1/2 years & went as high as the Court of Veterans Appeals. All to no avail......Hired a Lawyer & within 18 months ( Reason it took 18 months he had to get it back to the BVA) was 100% comped T & P at 100% with back pay from the time I applied.

• In Memoriam

The AMC has the authority to give instantanious grants, but it rarely happens. My claims went from the BVA 2/05, to the AMC 5/05, back to the VARO Rating board 9/05, and now they are just sitting around waiting for the C&P's in a couple more days.

I think Pete is right. The AMC is just another holding tank.

I had a BVA hearing in OCT,2006. received a letter in Feb, 2007. Two of my three claims were remanded back to the VARO, Manila for many different reasons, to many to put down here, the remand also stated that this claim must be afforded expeditious treatment. i received a letter from the VA, Manila stating that they received my new claim and will be making a decision soon, i never put in a new claim, last claim was in 2002. So i called the VARO at Manila Va to ask about what is this new claim. i don't have any new claims, i was told to disraguard that letter, it was an error. then i ask if my claim file was back at VA, Manila from the BVA. no file yet i ask if they received the remand letter, no remand letter either, then thy told me that they would not be handling the remands that it would go to the AMC, but my remand letter states that Manila has to do certain things on my remand like scheduled me for an examination by a psychiatrist for an opinionas to weather there is is at least a 50% probability or greater that i have a present psychiatric disorder. this is just one among many examination i guess i was to have before my claim went to the BVA. they were also told in somany words that failed to duty to assist in some of my stressors and fail to get opinions from experts in the special field. and that they gave to narrow interpertation of law, they shoud have gave a more broad interpertation of the law,also i gave credible evidence,, and that the service department made no attemp to verify the specfic incidents, there are many other thing but to long to go into. So now i am confused.

If Varo Manila does not handle this remand and it goes to AMC, how do i go about getting the examinations that the remand ask Manila to do. and where do i send NEW evidence to?

Sorry if this is a bit long.

Patrick

• HadIt.com Elder

Pat:

Good to see you back. When the AMC remands they usually tell the VARO what is needed to fix the claim and also that they have a time limit. In other words your claim should be put in front whatever that means. The problem is many VARO's don't really pay attention.

I suggest that you consider a short and sweet letter that you hope that the VARO's follows the instructions and timely completes your claim. The AMC would not have remanded if they did not think you have a valid claim.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Patrick,

I think that you will find that the AMC will make any further arrangements for you to receive C&P for your psychiatric claim.

It will either be conducted at your VA Med. Cntr. (I can't remember, off hand, whether Manila has a VAMC or not) or they will arrange for a local opinion, being you are located in Manila I don't think that they will be flying you back and forth to beautiful downtown LA. :huh: