Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Schedular Permanent but not Total?

Rate this question

blahsaysme2u

Question

OK guys. i have a lot of news to update you all on but i haven't gotten my letters yet so i am waiting on those before i post updates. but looking like i have won to very large claims in my favor that should push me over to 100% schedular. all of my claims are disabilities that obviously will never get better and will only degrade for the rest of my life(osa,tbi,tinnitus,back leg feet issues hearing loss,gerd) 

so with all that being said i am looking into what my next steps are. i know i am going to be fighting some effective dates on some of my claims and that will be a seperate post. but i have searched far and wide and have found very little info on P&T as it pertains to veterans that are looking for just getting their disabilities identified as permanent but not necessarily total. i still work and want to continue to work as i enjoy my job, my employer is good to me and makes great allowances for my disabilities to allow me to continue to work,etc. i worry getting P&T will make me have to stop working like TDIU.

so questions:

1. is P&T like TDIU as respect to work?
  2. can you be rated permanent and not total?
  3. what process do i need to go through to get my claims rated permanent?
  4. i have some effective dates that are already "protected"(over the 10 year) but not as permanent (over 20) and some with newer effective dates. if i get permanent or if P&T is given together, will all my claims be protected together, or will each claim have to stand on its own as being permanent? reason i ask this question; i know that P&T is listed on benefits summary page on ebennies, so wondered if you cant have permanent without total and if once you get it its for all claims since its just a yes no question not for each disability. 
  5. can you not get the benefits of being 100% without being P&T? ie champ va etc?

again i tried to find answers to these questions and knew if anyone had the answers it was the guys here. 

thanks for any help or any resources you can direct me to!

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR VETERANS WITH SERVICE-CONNECTED PERMANENT AND TOTAL DISABILITY

The form talks about veterans that are Permanent and Total disability

The benefits; SPECIALLY ADAPTED HOUSING, SPECIAL HOME ADAPTATION GRANT, AUTOMOBILE AND ADAPTIVE EQUIPMENT BENEFITS, DENTAL TREATMENT, COMMISSARY AND EXCHANGE PRIVILEGES, DEPENDENTS' EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANCE (DEA) CH 35, and CIVILIAN HEALTH AND MEDICAL PROGRAM OF THE DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS (CHAMPVA)

These are the extra benefits for the 100% scheduler P & T and the TDIU P & T veterans.  Keep in mind that veterans can be granted 100% scheduler or TDIU without P & T and would have to request P & T or wait for their re-evaluation.

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

3 minutes ago, blahsaysme2u said:

that makes sense. ok so i just need to get letters from doctor saying my conditions will not improve. do i need one from each condition or will one condition suffice? if you have 3/5 that meet the criteria will could you be denied permanent? i worry my PTSD will be difficult to get a letter on bc all of my doctors i have seen seem to have this idea that i can "get better if i just try harder" or some bull

Have your claims been rated and you're just waiting for the letter from the VA?  

Have you checked your disabilities list and letter generator in eBenefits? The disabilities list will tell you your percentage and the letter generator will tell you whether or not you're P&T. 

The raters determine is your disabilities are static meaning that they likely won't improve based on the medical evidence. I never had any doctor write a letter saying that my disabilities will or will not improve. Things like cancer and PTSD can have improvements with treatment.

i understand but i have other claims that will never improve. i mentioned these above. 

no i have not gotten a rating yet. i am waiting a decision on vba claim for osa. i just won another claim and waiting on that letter too. i am now officially at 91%(was at 86%) so no change in rating yet. i have one other pending claim for feet and knee issues but my osa will push me over the 100%. just getting  my ducks in row.