Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&T

Rate this question

Michael420

Question

Hello, My  total combined disability is 90%.  70% MDD, 20% right shoulder glenohumeral joint osteoarthritis, 20% left shoulder chronic subluxation 

10% dermatitis ( due to chemical exposure ). 10% tinnitus, 0% sms( k).  0% scar.  I am receiving 100% TDIU.  

I recently had a C&P exam for re-evaluation of my 70% MDD

The decision letter states  1. Evaluation of MDD with bipolar disorder 70% disabling, is continued.  
                                             2. Basic eligibility to Dependent’s educational assistance is established from date of review resulting in cancellation of routine future examinations.  

my benefit verification letter now states.  You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due solely to your service-connected disabilities?  Yes

So even though my combined rating is 90%.  Am I now 100% P&T?  Am I  considered to be a 100% scheduler?   Is there a difference between P&T and T&P. Or are they the same. 

29 minutes ago, RichieCap said:

You are the only person I have read about going from tdiu to a scheduler rating. I am currently rated at 70% tdiu for depression. I have had this rating for 7 years. I want to shoot for a scheduler 100 % rating.  Do you have any suggestions for me? I am also looking for a lawyer who has done this before. 

Hey RichieCap,  I exit in military in 1992 I did not know about any compensation disability benefits until 2005 I was unaware that I can receive these benefits so I tried to get service connected for five years for numerous conditions in 2010 I got 10% for a shoulder condition and then 30% secondary major depression to shoulder condition. Then I got denied for numerous things up until 2016 during that time everybody said I know what to do I can help you and it really didn’t work out so I started learning the ins and outs Anyway with the 10% shoulder and 30% in MDDThen I got 10% for a skin condition that took me to 40% and then I want from 40 to 90% then I got TDIU then I got SSDI at 46 years old anyway what is all your service connected conditions in one of the ratings for them and do you have any secondaries submit that to me and then I can figure out what else we can do to get you get 100

1 minute ago, Michael420 said:

Hey RichieCap,  I exit in military in 1992 I did not know about any compensation disability benefits until 2005 I was unaware that I can receive these benefits so I tried to get service connected for five years for numerous conditions in 2010 I got 10% for a shoulder condition and then 30% secondary major depression to shoulder condition. Then I got denied for numerous things up until 2016 during that time everybody said I know what to do I can help you and it really didn’t work out so I started learning the ins and outs Anyway with the 10% shoulder and 30% in MDDThen I got 10% for a skin condition that took me to 40% and then I want from 40 to 90% then I got TDIU then I got SSDI at 46 years old anyway what is all your service connected conditions in one of the ratings for them and do you have any secondaries submit that to me and then I can figure out what else we can do to get you get 100

Oh I forgot to tell you when I got the 90% combined with TDIU. Three years after I had my first reevaluation then they read any permanent and total no more future exams but I’m not a scheduler I’m 90 % combined 100% TDIU with P&TI I’m  working on getting the scheduler but I receive all the benefits is 100% schedule would receive I’m just not allowed to work still

Congrats! I don't believe getting TDIU qualifies you for the free insurance but you do qualify for the other mentioned benefits.  

Am I eligible for Service-Disabled Veterans Life Insurance?

You may be eligible for S-DVI if you meet all of the requirements listed below.

All of these must be true. You:

Were released from active duty on or after April 25, 1951, and didn’t receive a dishonorable discharge, and

Were rated for a service-connected disability (even if only 0%), and

Are in good health except for any service-connected conditions, and

Apply within 2 years from the date we grant your new service-connected disability

Note: An increase of a rating you had before—or a rating of Individual Unemployability, meaning you can’t work—doesn’t qualify you for S-DVI.