VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA SOCIAL WORKER WRITING MISLEADING INFORMATION IN MYVAHEALTH

Rate this topic

What can be done about a mental health social worker writing misleading information in your medical records? Questions you were never asked but they answered for you, statements you never made and contextual factors to your mental health that are the result (family problems, marital discord, lack of social support) of your conditions but it looks like they are saying this is what is causing it?

• HadIt.com Elder

I would fire that MH provider. I would start with the Veterans Advocate and request thru him/her a new provider. State specifically what was wrong. There is a lot to be said for 63 Charlie's advise, if you can afford it. The main reason is if you are continuously seeking treatment, even from an outside source, you'll be ok providing you are submitting those treatment records to the VA system. If they aren't favorable, you don't down load them into ebenefits, but you have the option to go out and get a new provider who is on the same page with you. The main thing is you are in control.

• HadIt.com Elder
8 hours ago, 1454th Solider said:

What can be done about a mental health social worker writing misleading information in your medical records? Questions you were never asked but they answered for you, statements you never made and contextual factors to your mental health that are the result (family problems, marital discord, lack of social support) of your conditions but it looks like they are saying this is what is causing it?

This same thing happen to me a few times involving MH Clinic LCSW & a MH Dr

What I did  I made copies of there quotes during this session'' I had with them on the dates it happen''   I (Copied off'' MyhealtheVet''  Notes) I                 I took these copies to them the next time I seen them and confronted them with it, actually they were flabbergasted, what they did they made an amendment to these false statements' and excluded them and wrote what they really mention in that particular session ...never had any problems with them since, Although one moved away.

with this said: They can't take anything  out of  our/ your records  once something is entered into our records  it stays there. And an addendum can be made to make an  correction.

At your VAMC  you can request different  Dr  or Therapist  or who ever your seeing.

SEE THE HOSPITAL ASSISTANT DIRECTOR  OR THE DIRECTOR HIMSELF

/               

• HadIt.com Elder

I just wanted to warn any veteran that goes and sees these  VA MH Dr.s  or counselors or  L.C.S.W.   FOR THERPHY  BE DARN CAREFULL WHAT YOU TELL THEM,  TRY TO BE SPOT ON  simply say '' with all due respect Dr.  that never happen what you just said''  or  no sir that's not what happen  or how it is  ect,,,ect,,, Don't be afraid to Speak up for yourself, but do try to like your Dr. or get to know him/er better  if they ask you a question you don't won't to answer...>  just simply say  Dr I am not comfortable at this time to Answer that...ect,,,ect,,, but try your best to get along with these people  its in your best interest to.

• HadIt.com Elder

This is spot on. Buck hits on several points. You don't know what kind of day that doc or examiner had. Could be that they misunderstood you. Could be they didn't hear what you were really saying. Could be they wrote it up at the end of the day after several other veterans reviews and mixed it up with another's eval. Or, they might be a bad dude who doesn't like veterans. So what happened was they were confronted and back- tracked pronto. Buck probably helped countless other new veterans they saw because they didn't want more issues on their own performance record. And, the results were exactly what Buck wanted. A correction in his medical records. Lastly, make note that the record is amended but the original comments stay in your file. So if you have to refer to the corrected record be sure you have the complete records as your evidence. Otherwise a mistake could be made and they "find" just the uncorrected comments.