Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"QTC" ACE follow up exam?

Rate this question

chgofire

Question

Received a letter from a company called QTC, which I found to be strange since I am rated at 100%.  Called the company and asked them questions and they stated that they are a 3rd party agency hired by the VA. The case officer informed me that I have a claim under the VA but the fact is that I don't have any claims active once I was rated at 100% I stopped.  So I was under the impression that this company was either a scam/fraud or something.  Normally the VA contacts you directly, but? 

Called the VA to confirm this "QTC" company, and the VA informed me that my TBI injury is not a permanent rating so therefore follow up exams can be issued to see if symptoms have improved or gotten worst.  I was under the impression that once you reach 100% and no further exams were needed.  Now I am confused and perplexed and scared of losing my benefits that I worked so hard to get.  Basically, I can't live without the benefits since I am not working or barely working for that matter. 

The "QTC" company said that an "ACE' exam will be done by a physician.  (ACE) Acceptable Clinical Evidence...  So apparently this "QTC" company is a company that is hired by the VA to assist them...  

So, can anyone guide me or provide me with some information about this process?  Thank you in advance~

5 answers to this question

Go to the exam.  

Are you rated for TBI?  Have you done a TBI C&P?  If so, then don't stress about it.  QTC has always been professional.  Except for when I went in and pissed of the examiner.  Don't do this.  Be kind and if you don't understand an answer, tell them you don't understand.  Otherwise you will be counting backwards, drawing things, asked to remember names, etc.  Look up the Montreal cognitive assessment.  This is the one they used on me.  Three different C&P's for TBI with QTC.

2 hours ago, El Train said:

Go to the exam.  

Are you rated for TBI?  Have you done a TBI C&P?  If so, then don't stress about it.  QTC has always been professional.  Except for when I went in and pissed of the examiner.  Don't do this.  Be kind and if you don't understand an answer, tell them you don't understand.  Otherwise you will be counting backwards, drawing things, asked to remember names, etc.  Look up the Montreal cognitive assessment.  This is the one they used on me.  Three different C&P's for TBI with QTC.

Yes, been rated for TBI, been to C&P prior.  Can't recall whats my rating at this present time.  According to QTC they're going to do an ACE exam, something about records verfication, etc.  Forgot what ACE stands for..

1 hour ago, chgofire said:

Yes, been rated for TBI, been to C&P prior.  Can't recall whats my rating at this present time.  According to QTC they're going to do an ACE exam, something about records verfication, etc.  Forgot what ACE stands for..

https://www.vesservices.com/?page_id=2164

I'm guessing you might not be 100% P&T, which means you will have routine future exams (RFE).  TBI isn't going to improve.  Probably get worse.  In your case, you may get the P&T label after this exam.  Best of luck to you.

A ACE exam is when you don’t have to go to the C&P exam they will do the exam base on the evidence of record. So if you been going to your doctors appointment after you got your 100% and nothing has changed and your doctor stated that you haven’t improved then your are good to go. Good luck