VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question for Ms Berta Widow changing Banks from P,R.

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Ms Berta

I had an older  Veteran widow lady  96 years NEEDING TO CHANGE BANKS she just moved here from Puerto Rico

She needs to change Banks and of course her Routing # & new address From her new Bank,because this will be a different Bank located here Here In Ft Worth Tx. USA

She don't know what  her late Husband Regional Office is or Address.?

I mention to them to  call the 1-800#   And Ask them..her granddaughter will call for her.

she don't speak any English.

I also mention to my son if they call the 1-800# and the person can't give a correct answer  I said just hang up and call the #again until you get some one that knows what information your wife Grandmother Needs.

She is my son wife GrandMother and she moved in with my son and his family.

I was thinking maybe her deceased Husband was a WAR WAR II  Veteran?

She is 96 and  gets around just fine  she is not disabled as for as we can see...she is a spanky lady  and smiles all the time.

was this the right thing to tell them?

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Banking information can be changed on ebenefits online.  A 96 year old may not be able to explain it on the phone, but her daughter or other helper could help her change it online.  Im not sure banking information can be changed on the phone, maybe.  

• HadIt.com Elder

broncovet & pacmanx1

Well they don't have a VA.gov   Account.

Can they just go to the new Bank and have a new routing #  From the New Bank and call the 1-800# This Lady don't know who her late Hubby  V.A. R.O. is?

I ask my daughter-n-law to call his R.O.  And this is when she told me she don't know his R.O.

Or maybe they can take her to the New Bank she chooses   which I think is her Granddaughter Bank  her Granddaughter is my Daughter-n-Law..so she came over to our house and ask this?  but this 96 years old lady don't speak a lick of English  She is in fair health and can walk/talk and she is spunky  and Smiles All the Time.

She lost her Hubby about 5 years ago and they both lived in Puerto Rico...couple years ago they had a Bad Hurricane and it was bad and came close to their home but didn't do any damage.....since her Hubby passed   she is alone   and wanted to be close to her family...she Moved to Texas where all her Grandchildren live ,  her son and daughter-n-Law lives in Malaysia.

7 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

This Lady don't know who her late Hubby  V.A. R.O. is?

Buck, keep in mind that the VA does not go by personal VAROs any more and have not for many years. The call center should be able to assist them or once they call the call center have them connect them to the direct deposit center and ask for a person that speaks their language or to have then call them back. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Yeah I know they don't, but it makes it a lot easier to call his R.O. thats where most of his financial stuff is and C-file on something like this.

The 1-800  guys can get his Claim# or SS#  and go to the VBMS and look up any Information for them..but we all know how Intelligent these people are at the 1-800#

If I need any Information I still call my R.O. but since Cocvid  things have change.

38 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

but we all know how Intelligent these people are at the 1-800#

Please review attached: Unfortunately  VA.gov is down at this present time

How to change direct deposit information for VA disability or pension | Veterans Affairs

Edited by pacmanx1