VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam

Rate this question

spirit_grt

Question

Are C&P exams always ordered?  At what point are they ordered?  I filed an appeal to the board Dec 2019, AMA, evidence.  Still waiting for it to be assigned to a judge.  I submitted a nexus letter from my VA psy doc at the time of filing appeal.   Are C&P exams always ordered?  Or will they bypass since both my VA psy docs have nexus stated in file, plus the letter from one?

Thank you.

Gene

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

No, they are not always ordered.  The VA has discretion whether or not to order an exam.  There are at least 2 instances when an exam is unnecessary:

1.  If you already have all evidence needed, such as Caluza elements as well as symptoms documented sufficient to satisfy VA for rating.  

2.  If a C and P exam wont make a difference.  For example, if you dont have an "in service event", then a nexus wont apply.  You cant link your current diagnosis to an in service event, if no event occurred. 

12 minutes ago, broncovet said:

No, they are not always ordered.  The VA has discretion whether or not to order an exam.  There are at least 2 instances when an exam is unnecessary:

1.  If you already have all evidence needed, such as Caluza elements as well as symptoms documented sufficient to satisfy VA for rating.  

2.  If a C and P exam wont make a difference.  For example, if you dont have an "in service event", then a nexus wont apply.  You cant link your current diagnosis to an in service event, if no event occurred. 

Thank you for the response.  VA has been treating me for a few years now so the records(going back to '75) of that is there.  The in-service event happened and the VA docs tied it to my current issues.   Guess all I can do is wait and hope.  Again, thank you for the response.

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you asking for increase for your MH? (PTSD?) My opinion is yes they will set you up for the C&P...But as broncovet mention if you have concrete evidence and they find it all has merit   it just depends on the decision maker.

I remember my PTSD Claim, I had all my evidence & Caluza Elments and it was all merit  & sign records from  VA M.H. Dr's  but they sent me to a C&P Examiner Anyway.

so it just depends on the decision maker in   My humble opinion.

As for as them sitting up the C&P after they get your claim and read all your evidence   they will decide if you need the C&P and normally they will send out a letter letting you know  when/where/ time and date.

6 minutes ago, Buck52 said:

Are you asking for increase for your MH? (PTSD?) My opinion is yes they will set you up for the C&P...But as broncovet mention if you have concrete evidence and they find it all has merit   it just depends on the decision maker.

I remember my PTSD Claim, I had all my evidence & Caluza Elments and it was all merit  & sign records from  VA M.H. Dr's  but they sent me to a C&P Examiner Anyway.

so it just depends on the decision maker in   My humble opinion.

As for as them sitting up the C&P after they get your claim and read all your evidence   they will decide if you need the C&P and normally they will send out a letter letting you know  when/where/ time and date.

Thank you for the response.  No, not an increase, original claim.  Shot down, partly claiming I was crazy before I enlisted.  Appealed to board.  

Thank you.

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that.

This was my first time Filing for PTSD Also, 6 years ago...  but the QTC,  C&P Exam was not bad at all Matter of fact she didn't know why they sent me to her ,when everything was there to read & all evidence ect,,,ect,,........I think some times they just want to send us Veterans to a C&P for a second look...if you have everything (evidence ) mostly... that's all you need   its just hoping they read it or everything that they need to read.

some times they don't do that  and We need to Appeal   like what happen to you, IF your at the BVA  I'd say you have a good shot at an approval.

But first time claims I'd say its a 95% chance they send us to a C&P Exam. (JMO)

14 hours ago, Buck52 said:

Roger that.

This was my first time Filing for PTSD Also, 6 years ago...  but the QTC,  C&P Exam was not bad at all Matter of fact she didn't know why they sent me to her ,when everything was there to read & all evidence ect,,,ect,,........I think some times they just want to send us Veterans to a C&P for a second look...if you have everything (evidence ) mostly... that's all you need   its just hoping they read it or everything that they need to read.

some times they don't do that  and We need to Appeal   like what happen to you, IF your at the BVA  I'd say you have a good shot at an approval.

But first time claims I'd say its a 95% chance they send us to a C&P Exam. (JMO)

Thanks for the info.  I hope it happens soon.  At 70 I'm trying to raise 3 grandkids and the extra money would help a lot.