Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

This is for Buck52

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Buck, I know that you are trying to get a clearer picture of some of your C-File records. My suggestion would be that you write down the page numbers and then contact the VA and see if they can modify these pages for a better picture not to change the documents but just make them more legible. You can also wait to all this COVID stuff get a little better and then make an appointment to go to the local VARO and view your records in person.

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

the documents are uploaded and scanned as they are, then sent to the national archives. Once they are scanned in they are scanned in. National archives is not going to scan 1 page of something. If the document was barely legible to start with scanning it again is not going to help. National archives is also backed up months or more for current and pending claims requests that are a priority. Asking them to find 1 page of something to rescan it is just short of ridiculous. You could request it but they are not obligated to do it, nor are they part of VA so 'duty to assist' doesn't apply, either. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

• HadIt.com Elder

Roger that!

This is why I need to request my c-file and look for it myself.

I would never ask them to do that.

With so many hen scratch &blank records  I  can't tell what is in some of those copies?  maybe LIGHT  soft pencil won't copy as well as a type out statement OR DARK iNK....I have a lot of those in my c-file that never copied.

BUT BACK THEN I WAS NEVER INFORMED TO DARK INK AND NOT LIGHT PENCIL  ect,,,ect,,, Had I had known it would not copy I would have used dark ink  or type it out.

but it is what it is.

I am glad I got all my claims in  and granted. But may file for a couple more but they are not as Important  as the first claims was    these other claims would be just for service connection.

The one record I need missing from my C-File  is important and could mean extra retro $$ and a 20 year protection.  if the EED Goes back a couple of years. 

if I can get it to go back to the date I first filed for the TDIU P&T  THAT YEAR IS 2000...AS IT STANDS TODAY THE YEAR IS EITHER 2002 OR 2003 .

I HAD 50% IN 2000. BUT THE IU came in 2003...tinnitus was granted in 2002. AND THE TDIU P&T Shows to be a EED OF DEC 20 of 2003

Which I disagree with but can't prove my case...

I been mention about filing a complete Audit on my TDIU P&T Claim back to the 2000 date  and not the 2003 date.

but I never have did or ask for a complete Audit of my historic claim for IU.

I GUESS I COULD REQUST ONE?

LET THEM FIGURE IT ALL OUT  BECAUS I KNOW FIRST HAND THEY HAVE A LOT OF DIFFERENT DATES  i HAVE SOME RATING SHEETS THAT DATE BACK TO APRIL 1998  THE YEAR i FIRST FILED. AS MY EED.

BRONCOVET HAS ASK ME TO REQUEST THIS TYPE OF CLAIMS AUDIT.

So all you young Veterans starting out filing your claims be sure to type them out neatly or print neatly using dark Ink.

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

Buck, the bottom line is you never know what is in your C-File until you review it. Even requesting a copy of your C-File could cause duplicate and missed copied records. I have seen, viewed and reviewed copies of both military soldiers and veterans’ files that had documents in them that they never knew and for anyone to say that it is ridiculous is just ignorant. I am not calling anyone ignorant; I am just stating that in my experience I have seen it all. You will never know until you do something about it. I even pulled certain handwritten documents from my own personal files to get the VA to grant me an EED back to 1998 that several rating decisions stated I never had. If you truly seek an EED you are going to have to do something because the VA won't and sometimes filing a claim just won't do. You have to put the evidence right in their face and ask them to explain it to you. As always, these posts are just our opinions and they really don't matter, what matters is that it is up to you. I have even helped a veteran that had absolutely no records from the NPRC get his service connection with a news article that reported his accident decades afterwards that the VA kept denying his claim because of lack of no in-service records. So, it is up to you, use my advice or not it is your call. 

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I didn't say that reviewing a cfile was ridiculous, what is ridiculous is thinking that NPRC is going to go find one piece of paper that was badly scanned or barley scannable to begin with and rescan it. I literally had this situation the other day- vet sent in a bunch of stuff barely readable as alternatives to nprc records to establish time and place for a contention. Bad scans, couldn't read-and that was after messing with them in Adobe. Nprc finally dumped the stuff I hoped I needed and it was all just as bad.

Some things aren't scannable, some records aren't retreivable even if they were archived. For a lot of guys its all paper. Stuff can only get Mass scanned so fast for digital preservation and it's still going to take a few years to get to the rest of it and new stuff comes in all the time. Some documents in Mass scanning get messed up. Out of millions of pages it's not that many but still it's not perfect. The alternative is scanning by hand and I don't care who's president- no one is going to allocate that kind of money. It'd be nice but it won't happen. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

43 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

I didn't say that reviewing a cfile was ridiculous, what is ridiculous is thinking that NPRC is going to go find one piece of paper that was badly scanned or barley scannable to begin with and rescan it

There you go again miss reading my post. I never suggested that Buck request that the NPRC scan any documents or do anything. I posted that Buck should request that the VA  try to make clearer copies of certain documents which is their job in the duty to assist. If a veteran request that the VA obtain and search for any documents at any time period it is the VA's job to try to find those documents and or obtain those documents and forward those documents if possible, to the veteran. I even suggested that he wait to the COVID is better and then go to the VA and review his records himself. Only you brought up that it would be ridiculous to ask the NPRC to do this.

• HadIt.com Elder

I understand what the both of you are saying and it's all great information,I may just request my  ''up-dated'' C-file and see what all is in it,,,like I mention earlier I got my C-file in 2014/15   on C.D. the one I have now, it's copied over into my lap-top USING THE ACROBAT PRO READER PROGRAM  and sure makes it alot better to read and search for stuff  IF THE STUFF IS IN IT THAT IS.  I LIKE IT THAT THE PAGES ARE ALL NUMBERED.

Anyway I'll check with everything you guys mention.

but it maybe better if I could do two things   1st try to get an up-dated C-file  and read it close..or find a Claims Agent with VBMS Access  and let him let me look over his shoulder ect,,,ect,,,

I know what records or records I need  if they are not there  then that's about all I can do  and just forget about it....

if I decide to have a historic complete Audit  like broncovet suggested  for my correct EED AND TO GET MY RECORDS CORRECTED  IF IT MEANS A LATER RETRO $$ AND A 20 YEAR PROTECTION RULE APPLIED TO MY CLAIMS   THEN SO BE IT...

THE WORLD IS NOT GOING TO END BECAUSE i CAN'T FIND SOME OF MY RECORDS...THERE'S ALWAYS TOMORROW.

Thanks to brokensolider and pacmanx1  for the  Help and information  that you guys suggested. IT'S VERY GOOD INFORMATIOM AND HOPEFULLY MORE VETERANS MAY READ THESE POST THAT NEEDS THIS INFORMATION AND HELP THEM OUT TOO!!!

..I appreciate you guys help very very much.

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!