VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

HLR Closed

Rate this question

MMTOTZ

Question

Good afternoon. Was checking to see if anyone had any insight to what might be going on. 
Last night checked my HLR appeal status and it says it was closed. Not that a decision was made, not that anything was sent out, only to contact VA or VSO. 
My issues are no longer listed. 

I had my informal conference a week ago. Thought it went well. She said it should probably  close last Friday or this past Monday, but it closed a week later. 

Being it is the weekend, not sure what to expect. If anything should be updated yet, or if to expect any changes anywhere this quickly. 

Took a look this morning, it has opened back up. Seems they have found an error that needs correcting. 

Strange things happen at the VARO. If the VA made a decision and closed your claim and then found an error. It could be that they are trying to correct that error. Depending on where the VA found the error, you may not get a letter until they correct it.  Might be best to try to contact your VSO. It is possible that the error was caught before the VA mailed the decision letter and they pulled it from being mailed.

I was waiting for a copy of my LHI C & P exam for about two months and finally called my local VARO where I was told that they would email it to me, but the email never came, and I asked could I come and pick it up. I was told that it was put in the mail but if I wanted to come in and pick it up I could, or they could just mail it. I drove all the way there just to get it in my grubby little hands, so I knew what was going on.