Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A&A for veterans non veteran spouse!!!

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I wanted to know if 100%P&T Veterans (still living) and their totally disable non-veteran spouse that need help from another person for everyday living activities eligible for the A&A ?

Well I found out today and the other day visiting with a DAV/NVSO 

And hadit member Brokensolider 244th   the answer is NO.

Its for the surviving spouse of 100%  P&T  Veterans that served in a war zone. and age 65 or older.

For the last year we been beating our heads  on the wall  on this  and trying to figure out if my spouse was eligible or not. The eligibility would be for her to get it  if I was decease  (dead as a door knob) and she met the criteria.

The eligibility for her states she needs to be totally disabled & NEED HELP FROM ANOTHER PERSON FOR DAILY LIVING ACTIVITES  &  I was 100%P&T SERVED IN  A WAR ZONE...AND DEAD.  

IT SOLELY STATES FOR THE SURVING Spouse 

''A pension is a benefit that the VA pays to wartime veterans who have limited or no income and who are at least 65 years old or, if under 65, are permanently or completely disabled''. There are also "Death Pensions," 

Veterans, spouses of veterans or surviving spouses can be eligible for Aid and Attendance benefits if they meet the following disability requirements:

https://discover.pbcgov.org/communityservices/humanservices/Documents/What Are Aid and Attendance Benefits (002).pdf

So this knocks us out.

Edited by Buck52

7 minutes ago, pacmanx1 said:

This is the new form.

VA Form 21-2680

OK, well that is different.  I can see why Buck is having problems.  First off, good luck getting a doctor to fill out a "fillable" form, that is the same form, you need to fill out.  The old form was a write in the blank, etc.  Jesus Christ the VA makes it hard.  I'm a bit pissed off.

OK,

1. Buck (Veteran) needs to fill out section I, or this is how I would do it, get the Doctors "assistant" the information to fill out to keep in on the same computer.

2. Buck needs to fill out section II.  About 14, he needs to choose SMC, as he is not eligible for a VA pension.

3. Mrs. Buck's Doctor needs to fill out section III.

4. The Doctor also has to fill in section IV.

I do need to apologize to Buck, for one, thinking he was working on the form I was using, second, for the VA.  That they created a new way to bag a Veteran.  

No wonder more Veteran's do not attempt to claim all that is do to them,

Again, Jesus Christ,

Hamslice

Buck,

Sorry,

Here I thought you were working on the same form I had done to get spousal A&A.

I was wrong,

I was saying to "my self", Jesus, Buck, it ain't that hard, etc...

Little did I know the VA is continually screwing Veterans and you are on point in this regards "right now"

I do not know what to tell you, because, I don't see how you get a civilian doctor to fill out a VA fillable PDF.

Again, Sorry,

Hamslice

Edited by Hamslice
cause I can

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey Ham no apology  needed, you did nothing wrong,  its not your/ our fault VA decides to use the same form # but a different form.

I get what your saying,

I will put my name and ss/claim # in section I and then put my spouse (Brenda) in the section II...AND Attach a note to this claim form specifically stating this is for my spouse she is total disabled  and needs daily assistance , as her medical records should say and what her Dr's have mention on this form.

We are including in this claim her release of medical information form (so they can send for any of her records  if they need them and what we sent is not the correct ones or not the ones they need..hopefully they can send for them , she has a ton of medical records and she is sending her lay statment about what she can't do  she meets all the criteria except she can feed herself  but she is in pain raising her arms, she can do that  even if it hurts  she don't eat much anyway..,,,   although her Dr has written this on the form 21 -2680  that she needs daily care due to her disability and prone to fall  she needs the assistance of another person daily other than her disabled Veteran husband & if you need to call me please do and he gave his phone #  work hours

If this don't get it then nothing will if they deny  then that's just the corrupt system of the VA   No reason to deny her...from what the regulations have mention..  if we she gets a rater that is new and don't read or miss something  he/she most likely will deny this...instead of calling us and asking us question he may need to know  I've notice Over the Years VA don't hire knowledgeable people.

so were not getting our hopes up.

she goes for a 7 hour neck and spinal cord surgery on the 18th May...The surgeon has mention to us this is a very intense surgery because he will be cutting very close to her spinal cord   from the front of her neck to the back  and go in there and replace some bone loss with flat curvy mental pieces  inserted and titanium screws  to hold it all together  from her lower neck to her upper back  , these mental  pieces swivel and turn left to right and bend  ,she has to have 4 or 5 of these installed  and has to wear a Neck Brace or a fitted brace   for 6 months to a Year..

.this is one of my reason were trying to get help or the extra money to hire some help...I do all I can for her  and I got a surgery for a lower abandon (stomach)    Hernia that is pushing down into my privates  so the urologist says?

this urologist said its not urology problem??    but general surgery , I need to get a consult from my VA PCP.Doc

SO FOR NOT A WORD FOR HER  but if I have this surgery  and don't need to be in the hospital but over night  I will try my best to see if my neighbor will set her over night..so I may have to wait for my surgery,   they said if its not to painful I can wait  right now   its not painful but it sure in uncomfortable   my scrotum  is like the size of a Large grapefruit.  but no pain... I have no clue why this is not a urology problem?  that's the VA for ya...

we will see what sticks..on this claim.??

Thanks Hamslice  and pacamnx1  I appreciate all your help   this type claim is new to me  I never filled out the smc s housebound claim  when I got 70% for PTSD  they referred it over to me...so with that we may get denied.....I hope this don't make a difference??

..we shell wait and see

Again Thanks Guys.

Edited by Buck52