Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

It's Only Just Begun!

Rate this question

Guest HolliGreen

Question

Guest HolliGreen

Hi, I hope you are well. This "B"ravo "S"ierra is very confusing. Earlier I had a telephone conversation with my state VA rep (a very nice man who is now also totally perplexed) and I informed him I had a copy of the ratings decision from my local rep; apparently my state rep has a somewhat different version of what my paperwork says. It is mind boggleing...the state rep inquired about my heart disease and the last time I had dialysis, these conditions were news to me and he told me these conditions were attached to my VA file. I told him this was incorrect. He then proceded to tell me my file is in the VA authorization stage and not to worry because my case is not yet done. Does this sound correct or should I expect to be lost in the VA maze forever? Thank you. H.G

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Say what? Holli- I have state rep at RO and local rep at the VAMC from the same POA-

this bravo sierra- I like your style- is just about what I can always expect from them-

Have you called the 1-800-827-1000 lately for an actual status on your claim?

My local vet rep doesnt have a phone I guess because he cant call my RO for me-

he does use a phone- but only for other claimants-

It sounds like one of them in your case was looking at the wrong decision-then again- what decision did he get and yet what did you get-

I wish my vet reps had told me when they put me into Authorization last year-

the VA authorized my claim to be sent to the BVA-with 3 signatures-

in your case I believe authorization however, might well mean a good thing-

I only believe anything about a claim when I see it in black and white from the VA itself.

Is there anyone else on your POA who can give you another opinion?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

PS- can your locale rep fax or attach to email a copy of what he is reading?

I had POA locally for 6 years before I filed my newer claims.

The rep who I last dealt with was moved from the local office to the VARO-

I dealt with the new rep, the rlacement boss-locally

the RO rep didnt even know I was still on their POA when I got my de Novo sameo sameo review 2 years after that-

the 'boss' here told me not to give them copies of my claims in 2003 and the RO rep apparently already destroyed what I sent him in 2005 .They have no copies of my claims at all and have never showed concern whatsoever over that.

I think you should really look into this-and I mentioned my problems because I found that sometimes-with 2 reps on a claim-it all gets snafued real quick.

Guest HolliGreen

Hi Berta, it is nice to hear from you. The strange thing is that some of the documents faxed to me were from the CDVA and from the VA. It seems no one can effectively explain anything. So you caught the bravo sierra?! :) I learned that one from a former Marine I used to work with, I thought it was pretty good! You know, I think I will give the 1-800 number a call and see what they have to say, thanks for that idea. Holli

Holli ask them to check the VACOLS screen and if this doesnt make sense-to check your COVERS screen.

And if you cant get any info- call U800# back and a different rep might well be able to help more-

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Tell a friend

Love HadIt.com’s VA Disability Community Vets helping Vets since 1997? Tell a friend!
  • Recent Achievements

• Troy Spurlock went up a rank
      Community Regular
    • KMac1181 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • jERRYMCK earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • KMac1181 went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Lebro earned a badge
      First Post
  • Our picks

• I met with a VSO today at my VA Hospital who was very knowledgeable and very helpful.  We decided I should submit a few new claims which we did.  He told me that he didn't need copies of my military records that showed my sick call notations related to any of the claims.  He said that the VA now has entire military medical record on file and would find the record(s) in their own file.  It seemed odd to me as my service dates back to  1981 and spans 34 years through my retirement in 2015.  It sure seemed to make more sense for me to give him copies of my military medical record pages that document the injuries as I'd already had them with me.  He didn't want my copies.  Anyone have any information on this.  Much thanks in advance.  
      • 3 replies
    • Caluza Triangle defines what is necessary for service connection
      Caluza Triangle – Caluza vs Brown defined what is necessary for service connection. See COVA– CALUZA V. BROWN–TOTAL RECALL

This has to be MEDICALLY Documented in your records:

Current Diagnosis.   (No diagnosis, no Service Connection.)

In-Service Event or Aggravation.
      Nexus (link- cause and effect- connection) or Doctor’s Statement close to: “The Veteran’s (current diagnosis) is at least as likely due to x Event in military service”
      • 0 replies
    • Do the sct codes help or hurt my disability rating 
    • VA has gotten away with (mis) interpreting their  ambigious, , vague regulations, then enforcing them willy nilly never in Veterans favor.  

They justify all this to congress by calling themselves a "pro claimant Veteran friendly organization" who grants the benefit of the doubt to Veterans.  

This is not true, 

Proof:  

About 80-90 percent of Veterans are initially denied by VA, pushing us into a massive backlog of appeals, or worse, sending impoverished Veterans "to the homeless streets" because  when they cant work, they can not keep their home.  I was one of those Veterans who they denied for a bogus reason:  "Its been too long since military service".  This is bogus because its not one of the criteria for service connection, but simply made up by VA.  And, I was a homeless Vet, albeit a short time,  mostly due to the kindness of strangers and friends. 

Hadit would not be necessary if, indeed, VA gave Veterans the benefit of the doubt, and processed our claims efficiently and paid us promptly.  The VA is broken. 

A huge percentage (nearly 100 percent) of Veterans who do get 100 percent, do so only after lengthy appeals.  I have answered questions for thousands of Veterans, and can only name ONE person who got their benefits correct on the first Regional Office decision.  All of the rest of us pretty much had lengthy frustrating appeals, mostly having to appeal multiple multiple times like I did. 

I wish I know how VA gets away with lying to congress about how "VA is a claimant friendly system, where the Veteran is given the benefit of the doubt".   Then how come so many Veterans are homeless, and how come 22 Veterans take their life each day?  Va likes to blame the Veterans, not their system.   
    • Welcome to hadit!  

There are certain rules about community care reimbursement, and I have no idea if you met them or not.  Try reading this:

https://www.va.gov/resources/getting-emergency-care-at-non-va-facilities/

However, (and I have no idea of knowing whether or not you would likely succeed) Im unsure of why you seem to be so adamant against getting an increase in disability compensation.  

When I buy stuff, say at Kroger, or pay bills, I have never had anyone say, "Wait!  Is this money from disability compensation, or did you earn it working at a regular job?"  Not once.  Thus, if you did get an increase, likely you would have no trouble paying this with the increase compensation.  

However, there are many false rumors out there that suggest if you apply for an increase, the VA will reduce your benefits instead.  

That rumor is false but I do hear people tell Veterans that a lot.  There are strict rules VA has to reduce you and, NOT ONE of those rules have anything to do with applying for an increase.  

Yes, the VA can reduce your benefits, but generally only when your condition has "actually improved" under ordinary conditions of life.  

Unless you contacted the VA within 72 hours of your medical treatment, you may not be eligible for reimbursement, or at least that is how I read the link, I posted above. Here are SOME of the rules the VA must comply with in order to reduce your compensation benefits:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/3.344

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use