Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

The VA is open

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Your local VARO is open for appointments only. After getting run around what form to file, I contacted my local VARO and ask them for a face to face interview.  They scheduled me an appointment that I just returned from so the VA is open. The veteran has to call his/her local VARO and not the 1 (800) number.

• HadIt.com Elder

Sometimes requesting your C-FILE from your R.O. can have records in it that may be of help filing your claim.

Call your R.O. make a request for an Appointment  to  go and look at your C-file and  have them to make copies. and see if they have a CD  Copy of your C-FILE  for yourself.   normally we request it from NRPC but the R.O. As it too.

The NPRC has been open for quite some time, and have been processing request from the VA. This maybe all propaganda but this is what they say. 

Since March 2020, the NPRC has responded to more than 288,000 requests. Staff responded to more than 116,000 urgent requests, including more than 45,000 burial-related requests, assistance to more than 7,500 homeless veterans, and more than 18,000 medical emergencies.  

National Personnel Records Center Prepares for Expansion of Onsite Workforce | National Archives

National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) | National Archives

On 5/31/2021 at 1:59 PM, Buck52 said:

Sometimes requesting your C-FILE from your R.O. can have records in it that may be of help filing your claim.

Call your R.O. make a request for an Appointment  to  go and look at your C-file and  have them to make copies. and see if they have a CD  Copy of your C-FILE  for yourself.   normally we request it from NRPC but the R.O. As it too.

when i was trying to get copy of my file, i called Peggy about doing this. she said they dont allow this anymore. dunno how accurate that is.

has anyone done this in the past 2 years? i called in 2019

• HadIt.com Elder

It's our C-File  and anyplace that has it can send  a copy of it to you  might be a small fee  and copies fees  but we should get the C-file and send in a request to any place that has it ,  if 4 places has your C-file   BEING ITS ON  C.D.Disk  we should be able to request it from all 4 places....if you get the first  one in  thats all you need,   the othesr may or may not come...the more request we have for our C-File  the better chance of getting somewhat faster.  as for as I know  its not aginst the law to request our C-FILE More than just once...

i finally got mine, but not from local office. i never even tried to go there bc Peggy told me they wouldnt let me see it or make copies of it while i was there. so i just did the normal FOIA request

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't trust the peggy's #  you get a different answer every time you call them....those people don't know there Assperealo from a hole in the ground.

If a Veteran calls his R.O. and gets an appointment like Pacmanx1 mention  you can go look at your C-file   and your allowed one copy of anything in it  or what you need ,now that  its on CD Disk  I am not sure  but they have computers there they can stick it in one and print you off a copy.

I was there at my R.0 20 years ago to look at my C-file  I had made an appoinment, and went  and they take you in this large room with alot of desk and they bring your C-file over in box or multi boxes  and you go through the records  and find what you need and ask them to make a copy, you can't take it out  you show it to them and they take it out and go make copy  but theres someone there watching over your shoulder at all times  I was uncomfotable with that...but i GOT WHAT i NEEDED.