• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C-FILE Question?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Question about C-FILE

Should all the award letters and the reasons and basses of the award be in our c-file? and all the sheets that come after  ect,,ect,, and the explanation of benefit's  sheet as how they rated you and evidence they used to rate? they all should all  be in our C-FILE  AS I understand nothing is to be taken out of our C-FILE no matter what.

Years ago (24 years)While I was working my claim I went to my R.O. to look through my C-file and they took me in this big room and brought out my entire C-file  and open it as I sit there and went through it they watched me like a hawk at Ft Knox    if I took out a sheet to read it ,  they conveniently took it out of my hand and placed it back into my C-File  and  they said no no no you can't take any sheets out of your C-FILE, If I need a copy  one of the VA Employees must take it out and make the copy  to ensure the original copy is placed back in the C-File.

anyway 

I had all these papers in my possession at one time here at the house but for some reason or another some of these papers got lost or accidently toss in the trash or grandkids (toddlers) got  them some how  IDK? but some documents  I can't find that are very crucial to a new claim I NEED TO File for EED.

What happen to all my documents VA Sent me when I was granted SERVICE CONNECTION TO THE AWARD OF 90% PLUS TDIU P&T.  IDK?  Should they all still be in my original C-File ? paper  or CD Disk?

I HAVE SENT FOR MY C-FILE  AND GOT IT IN  AND I WENT THOUGH IT SERVERAL TIMES LIKE A FINE TOOTH COMB AND NOTICE SOME OF THESE DOCUMENTS IS NOT IN MY C-FILE  = CD DISK.

EITHER THEY NEVER COPIED OVER TO THE CD DISK  OR THEY WERE DESTRORYED ? IDK?

I NEED SOME OF THESE DOCUMENTS THAT DO NOT SHOW UP IN MY C-FILE TO THE PRESENT DATE.

HOW WOULD I GET A COMPLETE SIT OF MY ORIGINAL C-FILE Documents?

4 answers to this question

You file an FOIA request for it just like normal- that process hasn't changed- and then Janesville converts whatever we have to CD/Adobe and sends it to you, I would assume. The last time I requested mine was over 8 years ago, so I still got it all on paper. If a document is not the digital C file then it was never scanned in at whatever time it was scanned. This scanning was not done by VA, or VA employees- the scanning vendors literally scanned the paper folders in whatever state they were in at the time. 

• HadIt.com Elder

I may send them the FOIA AND REQUEST  UPDATED COPIES OF MY ENTIRE C-FILE TO INCLUDE ANY WRITING ON THE BACK PAGES  AND ALL NOTES AND ALL AND EVERYTHING THATS IN MY C-FILE FROM THE BEGINNIG TO THE PRESENT DATE.

nothing frustrates me more than having pages missing out of my C-file

i requested just like that and was only sent what was scanned...it looks as though they have a file saved somewhere(there are some pages indicating file location on the server) and do not put forth any effort to get any back pages, hand written notes etc. 

just my assumption based on my file sent back in november. makes me wonder why it takes so long to get it when all they are doing is buring a file onto a cdrom and mailing it...very frustrating! i waited over a year half for mine

Because the same people that do intake are the ones that do burning, and sometimes they still have to scan some things. Not every c file is scanned and those paper files are in the possession (usually) of ‘your’ regional office, but not always, so they have to be sent for. I still request for paper files from older veterans to be sent to us from wherever they are at least a few times a month.