Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claims Audit Requested.

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well today I sent off my Request for a Claims Audit   to see if I am own any retro that was not paid to me from April 1998 to the present date...I am fairly sure they messed up on my IU retro and  when I was granted 50% back in 2000.

if they can't find anything  then I can put this to rest.

if they do find something (retro owed) Well I  might  be able to pay off our car  and use that x car payment to get more medical care for my spouse  help here at home  cleaning laundry,  cooking  ,things me and my spouse can't do.  I do what I can but its not enough....we both most likely don't have to long left..so try to enjoy the rest of our life without worry.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks broncovet.👍

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

On 6/25/2021 at 6:23 PM, Buck52 said:

if they can't find anything  then I can put this to rest.

I am glad that you finally decided to have the VA to review this issue. You never know what will happen.

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

• HadIt.com Elder
5 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

I am glad that you finally decided to have the VA to review this issue. You never know what will happen.

Pacmanx1 .Yes  we never know what will happen   

as broncovet had them to audit his claim and they found 50.000 worth of retro.

I don't think I will have that much , his retro was based on the IU EED.

Mine is more based on a 50% award back in 2000,  and some of the IU back in 2003 back to 1999  but not sure what they will find?   its going to take them awhile to read all these award letters with different EED...I AM WONDERING WHICH DATES THEY WILL USE.?

It all depends on what my EED is that they might change?  if they don't  this is when I my request a reconsideration on the Audit  because I am not so sure we can Appeal an Audit?  EED we can Appeal those  if we have the evidence to show it  Merritt's a change...this will be the time to Lawyer up.

They maybe typo errors??? but when you have more than two typo errors   WHICH DATES ARE THE CORRECT DATES? its the dates in question?

BUT FOR THE PEOPLE IN VA FINANCE Dept  Audits that's all they do all day long 365 days a year   minus weekends and holidays and vacation's ,what dates will they use?  obviously I want them to use the DATES That give me a EED....THAT ALSO MEANS MORE RETRO

if they will use  the the original award letter  I am not sure that will get me any retro ? but from the time I got service connection established  at 0% to the time they rated me at 50%   no retro was paid to me back then... I just want this mess all cleaned up so I can read it and see what they did  if no retro for me  that's fine, but at least I can put this to rest once and for all...a little retro will sure help us out right  now though.

Audit and EED are two separate Issues.  We can't  be confused with the two.

However  we can't file for both at the same time , file Audit first   and then file for EED if the Audit warrants a EED?  But  this type claim will more likely be filed as a CUE.

I just hope they don't call me and ask me what it is I am questioning? because I do not know what to tell them and besides I can't use the phone for communication, I  text and that's about it  unless I can plug in some good amplified head pones in my cell phone. But most of the time I text. 

but I don't even know what to say or how to say why I want this audit   other than I don't think my retro was all paid to me back then.  they will need to figure that all out.

Edited by Buck52

• HadIt.com Elder

Man, I hope you get every bit of retro the VA owes you.  My wife is disabled as well. Between the two of us we just get by with doing the essential chores and paying bills.  With both people disabled housework is hard to keep up with these days.  I have people do the yardwork and house repairs.   Better to pay them than land in the ER because I hurt myself.

• HadIt.com Elder

Some others have said to me why file the Audit? if I don't have the evidence to show an audit may not change anything  and your just taking up another Veterans time......Well my answer to that was  Well I am a VETERAN too. 

And I want to know if I am owed any retro what so ever? if not then so be it at least I can put it to rest once and for all.

I have wondered about this since 2014 when I got my complete C-FILE in on CD and was reading through it  and found some discrepancies, and  dates that have different dates on rating sheet and code sheets   these dates all say my EED IS 1998...OPPOSED TO an award letter that says May 7th 2003back dated to Dec 10 2002  5 months of retro was paid back then  and no retro on my 50% which was granted in lat 99  and AN EED is May 2000...no retro back then?...something just don't add up correctly?

I first filed April 1998.and DENIED RIGH OFF THE BAT..Then got service connection established at 0% the following year 1999  and ask for increase and was granted 50%  in May 2000 but they adjudicated it earlier  back around april of 2000 and my payment start date was June 1st 2000  then ask for anothe rIncrease  or they say i reopen this claim  and this is when I was granted the TDIU P&T On may 7th 2003  with the EED GOING BACK TO dec 10 2002

it seems to me my Appeal timeline never run out  and I may have reopen this claim I don't remember reopen it,  if I did I just always have ask for increase  or a reconsideration of my denials.

Maybe after the second appeal and we ask for increase after that  they might  call that a Reopen claim?..due to they can make a Veteran get less retro and that changes his EED.

These  records/documents are  all in my C-File and just have to put it all together and figure it all out  my reason to request the Audit.

Edited by Buck52