VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Ptsd Commission Finds Mistake!

Rate this topic

jessejames

My buddy just called and said he had received a letter from his DAV SO telling him that the VARO and himself had reviewed his records at the request of the PTSD Commission. The DAV SO told him this letter was "unofficial" but he should be receiving a letter from the VARO in a few days showing he was awarded P&T, Chapter 35 benefits, and ChampVa for his wife. He was just awarded his 100% last year, but he got I think 2 years backpay. I helped him file his claim and encouraged him to hang in and now he's 100% P&T. Great News!!!!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is just GREAT and it tells me that this Commission is doing it's job and I knew that they cant help but find errors in adjudication. I am sure this will happen to more vets who are reviewed.

I will try to remember to post a link to the OIG report that the commission is based on in my blog-

posted it 3-4 times but it pays to read it over good-

I am thrilled because this is what might begin to change the VARO system!

Remember the commission has a link from the VA web site and you can write to them or email them.

I sure am going to write to them again to follow up with some stuff I griped about months ago.

Ironically the very VARO problems and service rep problems that I griped about- well my own claim fiasco last month is proof positive of what I said. I told the VARO already I am sending it as proof of my charges to the commission-

I am still waiting for my DRO decision (they gave it to an expert doctor )and this way it will give the VARO more time to make more errors that I can gripe about.

The service reps problems we have are beyond their intent and jurisdiction but still I made to point to this commission that we ,as claimants, cannot expect a full application of VA regs ,or proper consideration of our evidence nor even the benefit of finding many good service and vet reps that really know what they are doing.

Berta

Guest VetWife Advocate
My buddy just called and said he had received a letter from his DAV SO telling him that the VARO and himself had reviewed his records at the request of the PTSD Commission. The DAV SO told him this letter was "unofficial" but he should be receiving a letter from the VARO in a few days showing he was awarded P&T, Chapter 35 benefits, and ChampVa for his wife. He was just awarded his 100% last year, but he got I think 2 years backpay. I helped him file his claim and encouraged him to hang in and now he's 100% P&T. Great News!!!!!

Good Job Jesse, Brenda

• 5 months later...

I am also 100% P&T... Just to make sure, I am asking everyone on this board a question. I was told by the VA that I can work and hold a job if I want to. Because I am 100% P&T. Now; if I was 70% and TDIU for example I could not work. I did get Champ VA for family, etc...I could even have a business. I am starting to work a day or so a week as a nurse part time...Thanks everyone....