VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Secondary claim & increase timeline w/ service connection? C&P?

Rate this question

FlyboyLeRoy

Question

I am already service connected for meniers disease, among many other ear problems. Yesterday my doctor filled out a dbq and it supports my meniers disease increase and secondary migraines to meniers. My question is, being already service for meniers and having attached dbqs, will I still have a va c&p exam? Also, per the paperwork, what would you say my rating should be?

va 4.PNG

va 1.PNG

va 2.PNG

va 3.PNG

10 hours ago, FlyboyLeRoy said:

Got it, I been through this before and after some learning/research, it came out in favor. Luckily, the doctor i went to through VA community care specializes in ETN and in particular, vestibular disorders. Since its community care its the doctor the va selected, so hopefully that holds some weight, too. I didn’t have a nexus done since its already service connected and meniers/migraines go hand and hand per his word. I also sent him my VA history which showed my diagnoses. There are some older notes which show my issues and symptoms on the va website.I guess i was just thinking it would be an easy, quick claim (if such exists) due to already being connected and treated for approx 1 year. Thanks for your information and opinion. 

It probably will be. Like I said upthread there may be a C&P of sorts but it may just be a review of what you already submitted. It depends on the rater and on the quality of your doctor's notes.