VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Claim and Current Static rating

Rate this question

Ranmic

Question

Good morning everyone.  I have a couple of questions I was hoping to get some advice on.

#1.  If my conditions are rated at "static" and I file for a totally different condition are all of my conditions reviewable even if they are listed as static?

#2. If a condition of mine is static (knees) and I file for a secondary (say hip condition) are my knees reviewable also?

#3.  I have been treated for Glaucoma for about 6 years now due to pressures in my eyes running high (up to 50 at one point before I got treated by my private Dr).  Even though no damage was done the Dr has me on nightly drops for the rest of my life to control my pressures.  Note I have not been actually tagged with the label of having Glaucoma, but they are treating me now so it doesn't go full blown Glaucoma.  While in the military during one of my eye exams the Dr noted in my record that I was a "Glaucoma suspect".  Now, with that small entry and no more data from the military what is everyone's advice on filing a claim for this? I tried once and the VA denied it.

As always, thank you all for the guidance here.  This forum is awesome!

As usual, you all are a wealth of knowledge and advice.  I really appreciate everyone's take on this and I will definitely move forward with eye condition and see how that goes.

Also, GBArmy, to answer on two comments you made, I am (and have been) seeing a private eye Dr for the past 5 or 6 years and NOT a VA doc.  My private Doc has had me on nightly eye drops for about 5/6 years now to control my eye pressure to help prevent full blown glaucoma.  But, I'll be using these nightly drops for the rest of my life.

make sure you pull those Pvt doctor records OR provide a 21-4142/4142a to VA with the contact info and your signature for release. We can't pull private records without it. We don't even know they exist unless you tell us. Id rather find out about it from you by typing "4142" into your Efile and finding those than finding it buried on p 536 of your VAMC Capri notes because you mentioned in passing that you also see a private doctor for x,y,z, or in a 21-4138 Support Statement. I can't act on that without the release and contact info, so its just easier when you submit a claim to do it up front. Putting it on the 21-526ez is NOT a consent/release for us to pull records, all it is is letting us know they exist. After that we have to send you a 21-4142/4142a anyway, so why not just knock it out in 1 shot at the beginning, and any time you start seeing a new doctor for anything that is relevant?

They are only good for a year, too, so if you are continuing to see a doctor and a claim is dragging on forever, don't be surprised if we send you another one. Its not a delay tactic- we are legally required to due to privacy and HIPAA. We don't know if you are still seeing the same doctor after a year, either, so its better to just let us know. We could pull records from Date x to Date y for your claim at the beginning, then it takes forever, then you 20-0995 it, for example. If its been over a year and you are still seeing the same doctor? We can't just go back to request updated records unless you tell us we can. 

2 hours ago, brokensoldier244th said:

make sure you pull those Pvt doctor records OR provide a 21-4142/4142a to VA with the contact info and your signature for release. We can't pull private records without it. We don't even know they exist unless you tell us. Id rather find out about it from you by typing "4142" into your Efile and finding those than finding it buried on p 536 of your VAMC Capri notes because you mentioned in passing that you also see a private doctor for x,y,z, or in a 21-4138 Support Statement. I can't act on that without the release and contact info, so its just easier when you submit a claim to do it up front. Putting it on the 21-526ez is NOT a consent/release for us to pull records, all it is is letting us know they exist. After that we have to send you a 21-4142/4142a anyway, so why not just knock it out in 1 shot at the beginning, and any time you start seeing a new doctor for anything that is relevant?

They are only good for a year, too, so if you are continuing to see a doctor and a claim is dragging on forever, don't be surprised if we send you another one. Its not a delay tactic- we are legally required to due to privacy and HIPAA. We don't know if you are still seeing the same doctor after a year, either, so its better to just let us know. We could pull records from Date x to Date y for your claim at the beginning, then it takes forever, then you 20-0995 it, for example. If its been over a year and you are still seeing the same doctor? We can't just go back to request updated records unless you tell us we can. 

Broken, I didn't know that!  Thank you!