Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How do you reach 100% scheduler ratting. Do you have to apply for it somehow?

Rate this question

Rattler

Question

• Community Owner

I have two Questions. How do you reach 100% scheduler ratting. Do you have to apply for it somehow? I know its a combination of 70 + 60 +40 to get there does the VA bean counter juts award you it?  The second question is how do you get the VA to move you from 100% TD to 100% scheduler ratting.

Rattler

• HadIt.com Elder

I did about the same thing Buck.  I had 90% P&T for years and then got an extra 60% and then an extra 80% so I have 100% now. Big deal I can't work anyway these days even if I wanted to work.  I used to want to get a business going but it is too late now.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think its to late to start you your own  business as long as you know the business will fly...(do good)

if your in your right mind and have the right people integrity goes a long way.

I've lost interest in working  again  if  but I did I'd start my own business 

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• Community Owner

You all did a grate job in answering the question.  I knew the answer before I posted it (70+60+40= Extra Shoulder Basic Rule)  but I thought it would be a good thread for others to get info from.

I am going to out this out there some of you might have read about the win I had after 40 year fight with the VA for benefits

https://community.hadit.com/topic/85793-uth-discharge-granted-honorable-for-va-purposes-after-40-years/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-511670

And this may need to go into the C & P Exam thread.

The VA failed to rate me for the PTSD that qualified me for benefits. So I put a 20-0995 Supplemental  claim form on August 16, 2021 to have them relook at the ordinal claim filed in 2018. In the form I said "PTSD" and lay it out with Exhibits so they don't get lost. They did a C & P Exam on June 24 2021 for the PTSD that they used in the decision above. So when I go to va.gov to check on things it says the claim is for "Issue on review: Dysthymic disorder and 1 other." Now I never have been denoised with "Dysthymic disorder" in both of the C & P Exams. So the Question is should I file a que notice that they are screwing up? 1 800 betty told me they are spose to send me for another C & P Exam. The question is why? They just did one on June 24, 2021 for PTSD.

The second one is I filed a new claim for knees and hips on August 17, 2021. Boom the VA jumps out there and sets up a C & P Exam for 8-27-21 with a company I've never heard of, LHI Communications for a C & P Exam. So its like pulling teeth to get anything out of them.   So when I call in to inquire who is doing the exam I am told is a NP .  So I tell them a NP is not qualified to do a complex orthopedics C & P Exam and I want it done by an MD. They say they only have NP's. So I call 1-800 betty and tell them because its Orthopedics I wand am MD to do it.  They said they will scheduled one with the VA Hospital with a MD.

So Question No 1 is has anyone heard of LHI Communications? They do not have it together as they tell me they only have NP to do Exams

Question No 2 Did I screwup when i Ask the C & P Exam be done by a MD. And canceled the one for tomorrow?

I talked to a Prier support person I know well he said the VA might try and combined the two claims in to one. I have heard them doing this with two new claims but never with a Supplemental  claim with a new claim. Anyone heard of this?

Edited by Rattler767

LHI is Logistics Health Inc. They've been doing C&Ps for a long time.

NPs are qualified for ortho exams, they aren't just general practitioners. You can be an NP just for Ortho. Most of the difference between NP and an MD is the number of clinical hours before licensing. NPs need 500 to get licensed in most states, but after that they still practice and acquire hours just like any other medical person, on top of the required continuing education to remain licensed. Many people can't afford to become doctors and become NPs because they don't have 6 digits of debt when they are done. 

Supplemental claims can't be combined with a new claim. There are supplemental claims for increases, or supplemental claims for new contentions that are not an 'initial claim' (the first one that you file, ever). They are called supplementals and have an end product code of 020. Supplemental appeal claims are 040. You may have two running at the same time but they won't be combined, unless the phone person meant that the exams would be combined at one location. They are not VSRs and can't see much in your file, they don't have the same clearance. They also don't work on claims.

Were you diagnosed for PTSD, or did you ever file for PTSD? Because the decision that you attached in your other thread was not a rating decision, it was a character of discharge decision. The only thing that decides is if your service characterization is eligible for benefits. It is not a contention claim. 

Edited by brokensoldier244th

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

If you are trying to get IU, you need to get all the info you can on your work history that you can find for evidence. If you get your employment history from the SS Admin, it will show exactly when you worked, and how much money you made. If the data demonstrates that you have a very poor and/or absent employment history, that will show how severe your symptoms have been. Alternatively, if it shows you had several long term employers and a lot of SS work credits, it could invalidate long term severity.   PTSD will generally cause employment problems. If you got out in or before 1981, I would assume at this point that you are over 55 and that also would go in your favor. The likelihood that your recovery from PTSD at this point (after 40ish years) should be moot, meaning you should be granted P&T and eligible for UI.

I used the SS report on work credits to show that a Vet had severe bi-polar disability. He was awarded 100% P&T.