Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Current Appeal date

Rate this question

SPO

Question

Does anyone have any clue what the current date of AMA appeals the board is working?  I know I can find the current legacy date in the appeals metrics, but they don't say anything about AMA.

@Vync If the metrics were my work, I would add more details. I think that the VBA should rework claims and appeals so that the Veteran can monitor all activity in a claim. Maybe if they knew we were watching them, they would make fewer mistakes. As it is, so much happens behind closed doors, they appear to be unaccountable to the people they serve.

I watched the video and they say it’s a split workload.  80% legacy and 20% ama.  Hoping, even though my appeal is ama, it will be done soon since I already had a hearing and it’s assigned to a judge for review.

9 hours ago, SPO said:

I watched the video and they say it’s a split workload.  80% legacy and 20% ama.  Hoping, even though my appeal is ama, it will be done soon since I already had a hearing and it’s assigned to a judge for review.

I may be totally wrong and or off but since you already had your hearing, and the judge is currently reviewing your appeal. Your appeal may be ahead of this new movement. It does not mean that it still won’t take a while, but it should be sooner than later.

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

IMHO (IN MY HUMBLE OPINION), you can’t trust this metrics. It does not line up with VA.gov, my days of waiting for a decision is well over this time period. Then again the VA.gov is also unreliable so who really knows. 

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.