Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

MORE SMOKE AND MIRROS FROM THE BVA

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

What is going on with the BVA? I know the BVA said that they can no longer guesstimate on any legacy claim time frame, but this seems odd. I posted that the BVA was working on January 2018 on July 4, 2021, then it jumped to February 2018 around July 23, 2021, and again it jumped to March 2018 around August 17, 2021, and then on August 28, 2021, it jumped to May 2018. Around September 3, 2021, it then jumped to June 2018, and finally on September 24, 2021, it jumped to July 2018. Then on October the 1, 2021, it moved back to June 2018, and on October 8. 2021, it moved back to May 2018, and it has not moved since. So, between October 19, 2021, to present the BVA has completed over 1000 claims, but they are still sitting on May 2018.  Movement in processing claims but no movement by month and we are to believe that they are still working on the oldest legacy appeals as they are docketed. That means that it has been close to thirty (30) days, and they are supposed to be still on May 2018 and what ever happened to June and July 2018.  Where did all these new claims come from? They stopped on July 2018 and all of a sudden, they had to jump back to May 2018 and as of today no change and no going forward to June nor July 2018.

You can't follow the VA.gov web site.

The BVA Metrics is way off or my appeal is lost, and you can't even call the BVA number because it rolls over to the National Call center and even if you speak to a person it is like talking to an automatic machine and they begin to recite their pre- written blah, blah, blah and you know you lost and it is nothing you can do. 

Edited by pacmanx1

Here is the latest update from the VA.gov. 

The Board is currently reviewing appeals from April 2018 or older. This is as of today December 24, 2021, instead of going forward the BVA is reporting that they had to go back another month to April 2018 compared to going forward back to catch up where they stop from July 2018. On September 24, 2021, the BVA reported they were working on July 2018, then on October 1st, 2021, they have been moving backwards ever since.

It's damned frustrating. Once in a while depressing. I stay upbeat most of the time, but occasionally I get to thinking this will never be resolved and *they* are just stalling and waiting for me to die or get so old they won't have to pay out as much. Or if I get a large backpay settlement I won't be able to enjoy it. Logically I know Bergmann and Moore wouldn't take the case if I didn't have a good chance of winning, but its taking forever it seems.

All this waiting brings out a stubborn streak, tho. I just checked on www.livingto100.com and it gives me a life expectancy of 88 so hopefully I'll prevail.

Merry Christmas all!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@pacmanx1That's just horrible. Those are legacy system appeals because they are prior to the AMA changes from early 2019. If they continue at that pace and work oldest first, my BVA appeals from early 2021 are likely to be worked in 2025 🙁

I had noticed the change as well. I had an appeal since October 2018.

I called Peggy and asked why dates kept changing. Peggy stated that being that new claims had been opened for agent orange, those claims had priority.

I just finally gotten a letter for my hearing scheduled for 27 April 2022.