Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA Compensation Rates

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

How about everyone writing their congressmen and pointing out how low our compensation rates are especially for younger vets who become 100% and have no significant SSA or pension benefits from a long term job.  If I was 25 years old even with 100% benefits I would be living in near poverty.  I could not afford to buy a house in my area on $3200?  This is chump change for a young disabled vet.  Old guys like me have SSA and maybe pension benefits plus our VA compensation.  Unless you are getting TDIU or 100% you don't even get $2000 a month maximum for 90%.  I have disability insurance payments plus SSA and pension.  I do OK but if I did not have that extra I would be hurting. How many vets have all that? I am lucky.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think either political party has taken care of disabled vets at all.  They all talk about "honoring our vets" and then proceed to starve them.   Anyone who puts their life on the line for the Uncle Sam is a fool because if you get mangled you will live out your days in poverty.   Maybe if you live rural Arkansas your VA money would be enough, but not in Florida where I live.  We all know this is true, but we just live with it.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
16 minutes ago, Richard1954 said:

Your comment is correct, and that is what they did for my right knee, but on the left they combined two issues into one and denied an additional rating for the arthriitis. 

Oh, I must have misread that, oops, sorry...

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• Greeter

I also wish each state would get on board with full property state tax exemptions. Nc was shot down for the 100k some time back. We currently get 45k off our house

Edited by Dot09

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@Dot09That was a good article. Agree about the property tax, plus the need to also do that for car tags and fishing licenses

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

• Greeter

Vync some states have better benefits than others. I think in nc we have a lifetime fishing license. I know nc isn’t ranked high on the list though. That would probably be Texas. I think 26 states offer property exemption. I wish it was more across the board but to get some of Congress on board takes a lot Work.

https://www.hillandponton.com/top-10-best-states-for-disabled-veterans-to-live/

Edited by Dot09