VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SSD Claim Denied by Judge

Rate this question

Bhut

Question

Hello guys, I am looking for a good SSD attorney in Florida.  I am 50 years old and my claim was just denied by an Administrative Law Judge.  I have not received the denial in the mail yet so not sure exactly why denied.  I do currently have an attorney but she has been less than aggressive to say the least.  I am rated 80% disabled by the VA and receive TDIU benefits.  I actually received SSS benefits from 2002-2004 but went back to work for about 6 years until my condition got worse again.  I thought it would be relatively simple to get the SSD re-instated, especially since I now receive TDIU benefits from the VA.  Wrong.  I receive 70% for PTSD, 10% for tinnitus, and 10% for an injury to my left foot.  If anyone can recommend a good SSD attorney I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for that info to help this above veteran:

https://www.kushnerandkushnerlaw.com/

Thanks so much guys for the insight and advice.  I should have the denial letter in the mail soon, I don't think another attorney can do much until I have that.  I'm not going to give up on it for sure.  I just thought it would be so much easier now, especially with receiving TDIU from the VA and being over 50.  Hopefully it will work out in the end.  I really do appreciate any suggestions or advice, I have always received good advice on this forum.  Myself and countless other veterans owe a lot to this forum from the useful information that many post here.

I have not heard from my current attorney yet, I sent her an email last night.  She has yet to reply.  Maybe waiting for the letter stating claim is denied.

• Community Owner

Call up her office and tell them you need a response or you will file a complaint on her to the Bar Association in you state. One of my pet peeves is an attorney that does not timely respond to client request.  The bar threat will get her attn. If it does not you need to get a new one as you are not the first to file a complaint on her.