VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Range of motion ratings. Anyone?

Rate this question

Rivet62

Question

I need someone keen on range of motion ratings.  I'm updating my back issues with physical therapy findings. VA sees records dated 4 years ago, but things have changed.

I've had recent physical therapy. The files are below. I've got to be more than 10% now, but when I look at the CCK infographic on back pain issues, and range of motion (https://cck-law.com/infographic/va-ratings-for-back-pain-infographic/) it has me swimming on how to interpret my own physical therapist's observations. 

I have service-connected underlying conditions and according to the SOC I just received, they're relying on range of motion from years ago (which. according to them, has me at 10%).

The physical therapist has notes sprinkled throughout the files. To me it looks like 20% at least. Anyone have an opinion otherwise? I'm about to file supplemental claims in about 30 days.

Edited by Rivet62
Deleted uploads to save space on server

11 minutes ago, Vync said:

Bone broth and starch avoidance sounds promising.

Try it. It's like life in liquid form. Lots of bone minerals. Try preparing your own. The stuff in a jar not so much. You want beef bones that are cut, so you can see the marrow. You want bones that have joints or knuckles, preferably.

People like to cover the bones with water by about 1" - 2" in a bowl and adding a 1/2 a cup raw apple cider vinegar (don't use white), and soak that for an hour and a half. This extracts the minerals out of the marrow. Then, dump the whole thing in a slow cooker for like 12 hours (or until the marrow has mostly dissolved. You'll end up with a mineral water base that you can use for anything that requires water, like when you make a vegetable stew. There is not much beef flavor in bone broth, so if you want more beef flavor then you're going to prepare a beef broth with fried or roast drippings...scraping the bottom of the pan for what has caramelized, like you normally would. You can add the bone broth to your beef broth recipe that calls for water. Just know that bone broth alone doesn't have much flavor.

You can drink bone broth by itself or use it as water in a recipe.

You might be surprised how good you feel.

Edited by Rivet62

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@Rivet62I will. Normally I keep a container of beef broth or beef bone broth in my cabinet when I make stew or stroganoff. Been trying to cut back on it because of the high sodium content. The butcher at Publix sometimes has those cut beef bones for sale. I'll have to ask them for some on my next visit.

3 hours ago, Vync said:

Unfortunately, the damage was done to my esophagus and I still get GERD a lot, but the meds make it manageable to a degree and have their own side effects.

Vync,

I have Barrett's and a hiatal hernia now.  And I take a pill twice a day for it.  It is very manageable for me.  

I was denied, but not sure why yet.  I would like to get it service connected, cause it can lead to cancer, etc.

I was on NSAIDS from 2004-2008 while in the service and then 2008-2019 through the VA.  So, at least 15 years.

My denial was in June last year, so I have a few months for appeal.  Both my issues the VA started on my since I went 100% are just about wrapped up, so I will be requesting my c-file soon.  Then I will have the reason for the denial.

Thanks,

Hamslice

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@HamsliceDefinitely worth appealing. It could take six to twelve months to get your c-file. Have you checked to see if your C&P exam findings were placed in your My Health eVet progress notes?

52 minutes ago, Vync said:

Have you checked to see if your C&P exam findings were placed in your My Health eVet progress notes?

No I haven't, but it would be great if they were there. If I find it I'll update this thread.