Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Email C-File request VA Form 20-10206 timeline

Rate this question

Carl the Engineer

Question

OK,

Just sent an email, with a signed VA Form 20-10206 attached, requesting a copy of my C-File.  I checked the boxes for Claims File, Treatment Records, Financial Records and Disability Exams.

This will be a test on how long it takes to get. 

I will update what I see when I see it,

Hamslice

Sent email 11:03 PM 1/24/2022

Automatic reply recieved 11:04

Edited by Hamslice
cause I can

48 minutes ago, Whodat said:

How many hours a week do you put in?

It depended on the unit, and the schedule, and the amount of people assigned 

but on average we worked 12 hour shifts, 4 days a week,  48 hours off , and then switched to nights 12 hours a day ( this is working in a SCIF) this was the average cycle.

• Community Owner
On 1/26/2022 at 6:10 AM, Rattler767 said:

If this helps the last one I filed was for my 1st C & P Exams in June 2021. It was filed 7-14-21 I am still waiting. The last one I received was in March 2020 it took 9 mo. So don't hold your breath.

Claim for freedom of information act / privacy act request updated on January 21, 2022

• We sent you a decision letter

Submitted on: July 12, 2021

OK I don't remember getting a response on this one. It may be old-timer's. This one was for C & P Exams. Or Could it be that I filed an new FIOA asking for my C-File.

I requested mine on 2-23-22. Still gathering evidence. Long wait but hopefully there is something in mine. Every now and then I ask for it since my records have never been found. 

I requested mine on December 13, 2021. Received a letter dated May 23, 2022 stating this: "We have provided you with the following record(s)--the entire VA claims folder on file at this office."  There was mention on the website that my request had been completed and to wait up to 10 business days before I called to see where it was.  I gave it double that time with nothing showing up before I called.  Got a real helpful fellow who said that I should expect the CD in mail by the end of June--still waiting...