VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

TDIU and Somatic Symptom Disorder, can You point me in the right direction?

Rate this question

Ebenezer99

Question

I have 70% for Somatic Symptom Disorder and 30% for tendinitis (10% each for left and right ankle and left knee). 

Using the VA Math I am at 80%. I want to get a hundred. 

I will save you the story, but what I go through, is not the amount of 80%. I can not walk, sleep, move etc. Its a nightmare. 

Anyway, I have researched TDIU, but I can not find anything in how I can obtain this due to Somatic Symptom Disorder. Does anyone know what I can read, watch, or do inorder to start building a case. 

Is there anyone out there that won a TDIU for SSD? I wont bother, just want to know if its possible for this condition. 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

3 answers to this question

• Adminstrator

It does not matter what the condition is.  You are 70+ and you are unemployed.  I think you need to apply and put in a hardship.  I am not the pro here at this, but if you already are SC, I don't see why you can't file.   Also, you can start you claim today, and you have 1 year to file.  If you wait till after the first, you will miss the back pay of next month.  

2 hours ago, Ebenezer99 said:

I have 70% for Somatic Symptom Disorder and 30% for tendinitis (10% each for left and right ankle and left knee). 

Using the VA Math I am at 80%. I want to get a hundred. 

I will save you the story, but what I go through, is not the amount of 80%. I can not walk, sleep, move etc. Its a nightmare. 

Anyway, I have researched TDIU, but I can not find anything in how I can obtain this due to Somatic Symptom Disorder. Does anyone know what I can read, watch, or do inorder to start building a case. 

Is there anyone out there that won a TDIU for SSD? I wont bother, just want to know if its possible for this condition. 

Thank you in advance for your help. 

Based on your post if you are getting SSDI Solely for your service-connected disabilities, then you can use your SSDI award to increase your VA rating to either TDIU or 100% scheduler. If not, if you can get a Voc Rehab Feasibility Letter that you can't work due to your service-connected disabilities or if you can get a medical opinion that you can't work due to your service-connected disabilities will work.